Got one irregular celt that makes two of this type from this site..one adze of an uncommon type..but they are documented ..several broken Celts and the two banner stone shaped ones with no holes. Does anyone know what they are?
Could be I suppose. Usually I see banner stones made from better material. And yeah finding another one kinda made up my mind. I kept looking at the one trying to make my mind up about it..It was in my hand when I saw the other one same material.
The shape and size sure is right but the material they are made of is nothing that I've seen up this way. The fact that they were found close by to each other and are very similar in shape and made of the same material is really interesting. A real head scratcher you've got there.
I have seen net weights in that shape many of times. Not by me finding them but from other sites posting them. Lets see what others say first. Thanks for the view.
I have seen net weights in that shape many of times. Not by me finding them but from other sites posting them. Lets see what others say first. Thanks for the view.
The 2 you found are very nice ones. Seeing it is in salt water area there should be more of them (current). I think the last one is a fossil or natural. I believe I have seen it before some where else as well. Is that a Cobia in your pic (avatar). And how big was it?
Cool! I have never caught one but have seen them caught. I caught a 8lb Sheephead once in S inlet and it was 3 ft long. I thought they all were that big and didnt take a pic of it. Tasted good though.
Me either. Their fishing net weights. I don't know if you saw that we figured out what they are. I was willing to be open minded I didn't know what at first.
I meant this far south in Florida. I'm not sure what he meant. I'm on the treasure coast. I've never seen one down here. Some great ones are found in fla.!