I destroyed a Confederate button with my shovel

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sick I found a button and I hit it with my shovel. Me and my dad tried to find the hole where I dug it but couldn't find my spot he got lucky and found a confederate staff button and we think mine is the same type IMG_20150407_164050_564.jpg my button IMG_20150407_164115_297.jpg his button thanks for looking I'm gonna go burn my shovel now

Upvote 8

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im feeling your pain!.....I think most of us has been in the same position....... All we can do is! Keep on Digging!

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master and Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet you would kick your self, if you could. But it happens. Maybe, you will find something better.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always the best find that gets scratched, scraped, bent, or broken. Happens to most of us at some point--that's true. BUT, the trick is to make certain that it never happens again. I scratched an 1888 dime with my shovel once when I was 13. The coin looked like it was dropped the day it was minted. It's prominently displayed, and even more than 20 years later I get a little sick when I look at it. But it reminds me to Always dig carefully.

-Buck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread