I dug an iron signal

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP deus and whites Mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I made another trip to the tater patch and signals have become a lot more scarce lately but I dug up the usual shotgun brass all over. After diggin a lot of shotgun shells I had a hit... Even though it was one of those ya just know is gonna be another piece of cast iron I decided to dig anyway. After finding my signal which turned out to be an old iron I started finding a lot of glass. I decided to dig around a little and I ened up making a few nice finds. Two glass stoppers and two clay marbles. I think I may have found what was the fire place in the old house that once stood there. There was a lot of gravel in that one little area and a lot of iron as well as a little coal. That's what made me believe it may have been the old fire place. My wife and baby girl and my dog spent most of their time flying a kite and helping pick out some of the buried treasure from my hole. All in all it was great family time spent together even though the finds wasn't the best this time... Thanks to all you guys for your comments....

signals diggem all... LaGold

Attachments

• image-1950167121.jpg
    image-1950167121.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 225
  • image-4212046763.jpg
    image-4212046763.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 217
  • image-3824853538.jpg
    image-3824853538.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 241
Upvote 9
Those old irons are pretty cool looking when you get them cleaned up. I've found 2 of them
over the years, and one was in especially good shape once I took the rust off. The do look
good in a display cabinet..:icon_thumright:

An old Iron is a good relic in my book!:icon_thumright:

Get Digging!
CARM

perfectly enjoyable day, sounds like to me. Today I dug relics while my wife hiked by the riverside with the two dogs, then we went to another site for a trash pit dig.

Your right... Any day out enjoying the day with family is an enjoyable day.... Finding relics is just a bonus...

A family that digs together stays together

I hope you explored that spot enough to determine if it was an old privy or trash pit or not. Did you dig deep enough to see a color change in the dirt before giving up?

I didn't get a chance to go that far with it because they getting ready to plant and I just marked it on my gps to be able to get back to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back