What's new

I dug this a long time ago, and..

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,351
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
..had it posted on Tom's Treasures hoping to find an ID. So far, I have been unsuccessful ..Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • robagl.webp
    robagl.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 449

Attachments

  • piggnut last one found.webp
    piggnut last one found.webp
    13 KB · Views: 410
Upvote 0
I bleieve what you have there represents one of the many versions of the Ohio State Seal. You can see a close version on an Ohio State Seal Button. There are many variations with the Mountains, Clouds, Sky, Water, and thingy's in the forground. I am sure it is Ohio though.

I am guessing Civil War Era and it could be some type of Hat Badge but that is just a wild guess. Clearly an accroutrement of some type from OHIO!

Great find.

DaChief!
 

Attachments

  • OHIO SEAL.webp
    OHIO SEAL.webp
    4.7 KB · Views: 386
  • OHIO SEAL BUTTON.webp
    OHIO SEAL BUTTON.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 375
Upvote 0
I agree it's a hat badge...

Are you willing to reveal it's actual size? Is it small than a breadbox?
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
I agree it's a hat badge...

Are you willing to reveal it's actual size? Is it small than a breadbox?

Jim.. I am in Texas and it is in Virginia, so I won't be able to verify the actual measurements until I get home, but if memory serves me correctly, it is just under two inches wide from wing tip to wing tip and about 1 3/4 inches tall.
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
Montana Jim said:
I agree it's a hat badge...

Are you willing to reveal it's actual size? Is it small than a breadbox?

Jim.. I am in Texas and it is in Virginia, so I won't be able to verify the actual measurements until I get home, but if memory serves me correctly, it is just under two inches wide from wing tip to wing tip and about 1 3/4 inches tall.

So maybe a uniform (shirt) badge too... I dunno... :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Is it possible that nird is a phoenix? There was a phoenix club and a phoenix insurance in Ohio.

I agree that the sun/hills/water is the state seal, but it's an older one. The newer one has a more flattish long looking hill.

God luck!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom