What's new

I finally did it... I actually water hunted and SCORED..

bootybay

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2007
Messages
11,317
Reaction score
122
Golden Thread
1
Location
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG I am so excited, this is my first good target from knee deep water tonite and I am so thrilled, 14kt wedding band with tiny diamonds ( tested real too WOHOOO ) My first ever diamond ring.. I am so pumped its not funny..

ps. Sandman, your method worked for me tonite, I got it on the first scoop... thank you
 

Attachments

  • diamondring.webp
    diamondring.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 803
  • diamondringfirst.webp
    diamondringfirst.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 530
Upvote 0
Great ring and great pictures. I especially like the way you set up that first picture!
 
Nice ring !! :hello2: Glad to see that you are getting in and staying in the water!! You got your gold and Ice great job Rae !!!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
 
Very nice, good looking find, i remember my first. Your realize your hooked for life now. The good news is they come much faster now, for some reason, once you break the ice its all down hill, shoot for a big chain next.
 
I been hooked real bad..lol been only finding wedding bands and some silver rings..and my biggie was my 1778 8 reale king carlos III... but finding a diamond ring was on my want list.. even thou its small diamonds still counts in my book.. now am so stoked.
 
WTG, Its About time you got the diamond ring off your List, Got mine last month!!!! Chug!! Red Said WTG also!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 
Wow, that is one BEAUTIFUL ring Bootybay!!!! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

What was sandman's advice?
 
Sandmans advice was as follows.. I wiggled my coil till I got the strongest signal..then I put my foot along side the left side of my coil.. removed the coil, put the scooper in place and scooped that one up in one scoop.. I was dumbfounded.. I been practicing his technique and lost a few targets but I super concentrated on the strongest signal and it paid off.. I do know this much, I cant handle waist deep due to the under tow and waves banging into to me.. so knee deep or a bit deeper is all I can do.. but it finally worked for me.. and I am tickled pink..
 
Great Ring find, keep it going! :thumbsup:
 
Do you know that a really big diamond is in your future? It is... if you keep this up!

Ps has anyone ever tried using 6 inch stilts on the bottom of their shoes? Could that work? A little 2x4x6 inch action glued to the bottom of your booties, with an extension on your scoop?
You guys try it and let me know if it works. I dream of trying it! But I am just a mere female.. woe is me
 
I think that's a bit of overkill.
 
Gorgeous ring :icon_thumleft:

Congrats.
 
awesome job on the ring
 
Bootybay,

It couldn't have happened to a nicer person! Congrats.
 
Congratulations Rae, on the gold ring with the diamonds. :thumbsup:
You have been looking for a find like this for quite a while
and you won the battle!! Very NICE.....HH Gold Nuggets :hello:
BTW......your pictures show a lot of details... good job.
 
Montauk3 said:
I think that's a bit of overkill.

Montauk3, you slay me. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: Overkill, yeah, right!

Very nice ring Rae and I too like the way you presented it in your photo's. There are a lot of methods for saving time on the retrieval of a target and we all have to experiment to find the one that works for us. By sweeping evenly and advancing slowly you stand a better chance at getting the coil over a good target. The guys without the DD coils are handicapped as far as coverage goes.

I knew you would do it! :thumbsup:
 
:icon_thumright:

congrats on the great ring...keep up the good work and your be getting more.
also got a 1776 kings charles III reale 8 on the south shore of long island about 18 mo. ago.

herb
 
congrats Rae! that is a beauty!!
 
WTG Rae!

I love the ring.

I love the way you presented it.

I love the fact that you are actually getting in the water to hunt.

WTG RAE!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom