Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weather is still ok here so I went out to the woods today for a couple of hours....same 'ole woods.....different area.

Came across A LOT of barbed wire and the bell was with it. My first bell to find! Went over to where the rocks end and the level

begins and found the two little musket balls and about ten feet from them I found the bullet. And the shot gun shells were on a trail.

I have a question......because these shots are not very white...does that mean they are not old? ???

Thanks!

Nana ;)

Attachments

• 120705finds.JPG
    120705finds.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 647
Upvote 0
it seems like your bullet finds are getting much older and cooler! ;) very cool bell find as well! i agree......it looks like you are on to a pretty cool spot to hunt. great job!!

"Every time a bell rings, an angel gets their wings." Clarence already got his, maybe you can fix the clapper for the next one. Everything looks good, HH!

Excellent bell find Nana!

I'd buy that one! ;D

HH

Lonewolfe

stoney56 said:
"Every time a bell rings, an angel gets their wings." Clarence already got his, maybe you can fix the clapper for the next one. Everything looks good, HH!
It's a Wonderful Life, is it not.

WHAT A BUNCH OF DINGLE LINGS ::) very cool nana just wondering if you need a job working crime scenes, youd be jonny on the spot with all the spend shells and bullets you find just an observation ;D dont forget" ZOOZOO'S peddles,ZOOZOO'S peddles there they are BURT what do you know MERRY CHRISTMAS"

Better hide that Bell Nana....after what they did to Steve Phillips in Alabama yesterday ,they will be coming after you next !

I'll just throw this into the post for whatever.

Several years ago I met a guy in the UP of Michigan who was a hunter of "float copper." This is raw copper which has a tiny bit of silver in it. It's unique to northern Michigan.

Anyway, he occasionally found ancient tools (knives, awls, spear points) while detecting.

One day he found this bell made of hammered float copper. The age 5,000 to 6,000 years old.

I heard he sold it a couple years ago.

I really like bells and the old ones have an interesting history.

Great find.

Nice bell Nana. You are getting better with your unit I can tell. If you can find shot gun shells you can find old nickles. If you can find bullets you can find indian heads. Don't be afraid to explore your area. Bring a partner or a neice or nephew and go and explore some old parks in your town. Don't be afraid to ask to hit a nice old lawn either. Women have all the luck and never get turned down.

Take care Jeremy

Got that bell hanging on the tree....and I have already heard it ring a couple of times! ;) Tell Rudolph I've become attached to this bell so he'll have to find a replacement Zeb! Thanks for the answers to my question and the nice comments. ;)

And.........dance by the light of the moon!

;)

Nice bell.
It would be fun to have a TH's tree, decorated all with finds.
Plus you could make chains from those pesky pull tabs.
Max

Nana, how old was the barbed wire fence? Not that I know any of the specifics, but there are collectors that buy 18-inch sections of less common old barbed wire ...its surprising what some of it goes for! :)

Very nice bell Nana, WTG!!!
I haven't found any yet, but their definitely on my list of things to find...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Hey thanks yall! I'll have to go back and dig it up! :D That's a good idea!

And yes Max....someone on here is suppose to have a really great TH'er tree posted.....still waiting though..... ;)

Thanks!!

;)

Hey, Nana. I hope that avatar is temporary. I was starting to like the dog winking at me. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back