I found a letter leading to potentially hundreds of millions in Gold. I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winlockjohn

Aug 3, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently bought an antique in Washington state at the fellowship of Winlock church garage sale that involved many families. I found a kinda hidden compartment in the item which had a letter that was handwritten claiming the man had found Gold worth hundreds of millions of dollars. In the letter he was apologizing to his family for things which he didn't explain and said that he was too scared to tell anyone about the treasure because he knew it would be stolen from him or he would be killed for it. The letter was to his nephew saying he was leaving the treasure to him along with the house. He knew he would find the message because the item (which I bought) was one of his favorite things to play with. it said the gold is buried in a specific location on the acreage and there is a map showing where in a loose brick in the fireplace. I am having trouble finding out where the property is as I cannot contact the guy I bought the item from as it was at the sale was done at a church. The letter was signed, your uncle Gary. There is also a a carving of Fluckinger on the bottom of the item. I've figured out his name was most likely Gary Fluckinger. I can't figure out a way to get any more info though. I've searched every way I know how and found nothing. There must be a way to find out more info though and track down what property this guy owned and then contact the nephew and get a percentage of the treasure for telling him it is there. Any ideas? I'm thinking that if anyone can help we can go in on it together and talk to the nephew and share whatever treasure is there. Can anyone advise me or help me on this? I don't have internet at my house so I will check this as I can. This is a small town with no stoplights and most people own acres of land... it's like you went back 60 years here. Please be patient with me. I'm not great at using the world wide web. Thank you.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I,ve read on here about others who have discovered millions of dollars in hidden treasure and the trials and travails they were put through,you might want to burn that letter and forget it.restore the furniture or whatever and enjoy it.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, let me get this straight: you found a letter/map showing where millions in Gold may be located and one of your first thoughts was to go onto one of the worlds largest public treasure hunting forums and announce to complete strangers, including the FBI, the IRS and the CIA and every other crazy in the world, who'd knock off their own grandma for a 10,000 inheritance, that you have the letter/map?!!!

Literally the single worst decision you could have ever made in your life, but i'll play along since it's such a nice story!

Do you have any pictures of the antique, the compartment and most importantly the letter/map itself? (obviously, block out parts of the map/ letter that may give away the location itself).

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-"He knew he would find the message because the item (which I bought) was one of his favorite things to play with. " -

So you knew it was one of the nephews favorite thing to play with ? how could you possibly know this ?

- "because he knew it would be stolen from him or he would be killed for it." -

So.. the guy wished this curse upon his nephew.

- "map showing where in a loose brick in the fireplace." -

So... it might be a puddle of molten gold by now.

- "carving of Fluckinger on the bottom of the item." -

So... you know what he looks like ? or was this carving signed with said name" ?

I will stop here.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, could we get a picture of the carving on the bottom of the antique? Nothing to hide there since you already told us what the carving was.

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Screenshot (3).png

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have zero interest in these kinds of treasure legends but there is one important thing you should take account of when trying to trace family names.

As well as alternative spellings adopted by families in times past, there are numerous instances in the early 1900s of immigrants from Europe with ‘unusual’ names being issued with documentation on which their names were mis-spelled by American officials. Both Christian names and surnames. In some cases the immigrants accepted and adopted their ‘new’ names, in other cases they later reverted to their original names with the correct spellings, and some ‘answered’ to both.

“Fluckinger” is probably a case in point and may well have started life as “Fluckiger” in a European country. There are for example several “Fluckigers” documented for Washington State, one of whom is “also known as Fluckinger”. There is also a Fluckiger called “Garyz” (aka “Gary”) resident in Winlock. If there are family connections in that area then you might expect to find these kinds of spelling variations in use by some of them.

Fluckiger.jpg

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Just testing to see if this thread still works. I have not been able to view later posts.

Crow

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
There is a James N Fluckinger ,listed as residing in Winlock, age 70 something. Also listed are a Peggy J and a Shelia R., Fluckinger as former residents. Possibly now in Centralia. If you get stuck or need sincere help contact me via a private message. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread