What's new

I found this button

nick.foltz

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
93
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
I found this in the backyard. My house was built in the late 1800's. I know its a button, but I'm not sure the era or what its from. Any help would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0466.webp
    DSCN0466.webp
    53.3 KB · Views: 280
Is the back rusted iron? I would imagine this is a modern blazer button.
 
Upvote 0
eagles / under a crown were used in europe --by the austrains , germans, polish and russians --the anchor means navy --good luck any back markings on the rear?
 
Upvote 0
Was either Japanned, or more likely a black antique wash which = modern blazer.
 
Upvote 0
of course many modern blazer coat buttons often made with old looking type designs , like the other 2 folks have said --it very well could be a modern button --that just looks old.-- backmarkings often tell a lot about buttons
 
Upvote 0
There is nothing on the back of it. Just deteriorated metal? I would think that the "iron" would block it out. Which is weird because it came up pull tab on the detector. I found it by a tree under some roots it took a while to get it out. I also found a spoon today. I believe it says "A.5.CO Nickel Silver"

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INFO
 
Upvote 0
I just want to add to the ID already made so well by others. Its a fashion button for sure. There are several variations. Some have an anchor. Yours has a partial anchor on the bottom, an eagle, crown and the wreath around the outside is almost worn away. As others have already said its just an iron backed, civilian fashion blazer button.

Green check please. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • button fashion crown eagle wreath.webp
    button fashion crown eagle wreath.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 235
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
nick.foltz said:
There is nothing on the back of it. Just deteriorated metal? I would think that the "iron" would block it out. Which is weird because it came up pull tab on the detector. I found it by a tree under some roots it took a while to get it out. I also found a spoon today. I believe it says "A.5.CO Nickel Silver"

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INFO

Sounds like an iron back. Any item you recover that has several different metals in it will give you a mixed signal. Old padlocks are an example, if made of iron, with brass keyhole and keyhole cover. There are many desirable items that will be mixed signals.

Dig 'em all.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom