What's new

I guess it's a ring?

BenVa68

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
504
Reaction score
1,735
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today i went back to the spot where I recently found several 3 ringers and a Williams cleaner bullet. No more bullets today but I found this. It's a "ring" I suppose. I have seen brass civil war rings before but I don't know what this one is. No markings and its not magnetic either. Any thoughts? Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • 20180701_210249.webp
    20180701_210249.webp
    341.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 20180701_210246.webp
    20180701_210246.webp
    237.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 20180701_210200.webp
    20180701_210200.webp
    409.1 KB · Views: 87
Looks like a ring. Could have been plated at one time?
 
Upvote 0
I vote Ring!
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a ring to me as well. I’ve dug several from old homesites here in SW Georgia.
 
Upvote 0
Ring... Brass.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a ring and fits like a ring and I bet it rang up like a ring. Congrats
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a ring and fits like a ring and I bet it rang up like a ring. Congrats

It did. And its really exciting to think it was a soldiers ring. I would consider that one of my best finds.
 
Upvote 0
A ring with the plating worn off...darn farm fertilizer! :occasion14:
 
Upvote 0
I also found something similar last year at an old homestead. You can also see the mark where it was fused together. My first guess was a ring. 20180710_010307.webp
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom