What's new

I had a good day today

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally!!. I actually got 3 points today even though they are on the crude side. But still a good day.
On the flint group all the pieces are worked some more than others. I just call it worked flint and the rim was a sweet find.
HH, rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC11199.webp
    SDC11199.webp
    866.5 KB · Views: 187
  • SDC11201.webp
    SDC11201.webp
    720.7 KB · Views: 153
  • SDC11209.webp
    SDC11209.webp
    789.4 KB · Views: 152
  • SDC11210.webp
    SDC11210.webp
    322 KB · Views: 154
  • SDC11219.webp
    SDC11219.webp
    338.4 KB · Views: 159
  • SDC11216.webp
    SDC11216.webp
    332.9 KB · Views: 159
  • SDC11217.webp
    SDC11217.webp
    336.4 KB · Views: 152
  • SDC11222.webp
    SDC11222.webp
    299.6 KB · Views: 157
  • SDC11223.webp
    SDC11223.webp
    298.9 KB · Views: 158
  • SDC11225.webp
    SDC11225.webp
    323.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Upvote 0
hey rock i like the base of the first one,reminds me of turkey tails or adena good find thanks for sharing
 
Congratulations! You had a good hunt. Keep it up!
 
Looks like a good day!
 
Good job Rock! That small wide gray one looks like a Brewerton style maybe? That rim pottery is cool as well.
 
Where there is pottery there is treasure !
 
Last edited:
Nice finds! Creek finds or field finds? Hope your good luck continues.
 
Good job Rock! That small wide gray one looks like a Brewerton style maybe? That rim pottery is cool as well.

You are correct it is sharpened to a nub. Believe it or not they liked it so much when it was past due for it being a point they actually put 2ndary flaking on the edges and then used it as a scraper. 1st point I have ever found that they used it like that other than a stemmer then turned to a scraper. I found it very interesting to say the least. So here is what I believe they are. Starting with the 2 in my hand.
From left to right. Mountain Fork 6000-2000 B.P.
2nd as you have said Brewerton 6000-4000 B.P.
3rd Putnam or a Archaic Knife. I say possible knife due to the tip being so rounded. Could be wrong but it wouldn't be the first time :)
 
Looks like "2014" is a good year for you rock :thumbsup:...very nice!
 
Awesome rock glad you had a great hunt ;))))
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom