I had to sit down after this one!

stumpy041486

Jan 27, 2009
Look what I pulled out of a roll today. When I first saw it, I was like "my first foreign coin" because I knew it wasnt a kennedy, ben, or walker. Then I realized what it was. I couldn't believe it, and it's in such good shape. I've never found anything older than a Ben. Anyone else ever found anything like this? This came from a very small town with only one bank. They had $70 in halves and I got this coin plus a 64 and a couple 40s. I almost missed them to because I got there at 1PM and I guess they close for lunch at 1PM because they were locking the door when I got there. I got really lucky. I went to another bank in another small town today and they had $1020 in halves. I couldn't buy them all so I got $200. It only produced 2 40s. I guess I need to get the others now that I know that there is some silver in it.

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

Upvote 0

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I've seen them before but never found one CHRing yet. Good find. It's worth a bit too! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Super find congrats not many of those kicking around ... best of luck with the remaining batch of rolls left hmmm wonder if there is any gems in that lot... kudos that is one beautiful coin , Ed

twincapes

Jan 21, 2007
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 w Pro performance coil, Garrett Pro-pointer
Holy cow! Unless you find a gold coin in a roll, a seated probably has to be in the running for the best you're ever gonna find in this hobby!

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
twincapes said:
Holy cow! Unless you find a gold coin in a roll, a seated probably has to be in the running for the best you're ever gonna find in this hobby!
I'm still looking for the gold coin myself. HH Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread