What's new

I have a wiseguy in my area

markmopar

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
967
Reaction score
88
Golden Thread
0
Location
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to pick two weekly boxes today and when I got there, they told me that the boxes didn't come in. No biggie, I'll get them next week.
Since I wasn't doing anything else, I stopped at a couple banks and picked up $38 in rolls and loose.
When I opened the first roll I thought I saw the glint of silver, but NO!

Some wiseass had painted the edges of several clads to look like silver.

Dirty pool I say. Kinda funny, tho.
 
Upvote 0
I would be scouting the bank for that @hole and give him a smack on the head with one of those bags full of halves..................

SEMPER FI :sunny:
 
That's so funny. I just read a post on like page 32 of this board from early 2006 of a guy painting coins to get back at someone that left a note in a roll of halves to stop getting halves from that bank.

BTW: My last order netted me a walker that was like chrome plated or something? Sick people! :D
 
You found my silver high-liter coins huh..... ;D..... :icon_jokercolor:
 
markmopar said:
I went to pick two weekly boxes today and when I got there, they told me that the boxes didn't come in. No biggie, I'll get them next week.
Since I wasn't doing anything else, I stopped at a couple banks and picked up $38 in rolls and loose.
When I opened the first roll I thought I saw the glint of silver, but NO!

Some wiseass had painted the edges of several clads to look like silver.

Dirty pool I say. Kinda funny, tho.

I wouldn't mind doing this in that there is a CRHer who has entered my area and is grabbing coins before I can make it to the banks. Not that he is taking my boxes, but a couple of times I have called banks at random in my area (ones where I don't have an account) and they say "yeah, we have $x number of rolls if you want them" and by the time I get there they say "some guy just came and and bought them, and we thought he was you". It has happened twice in the past few weeks. Apparently this guy is just stopping by a bunch of banks on any given day asking for halves. Not that I blame him for doing it; he has as much right to them as I do.

However, it would be kind of great to drop off some hand rolls that say "silver" or "Walkers" or something like that so when he stops by he will get punked a bit. Too bad I don't have accounts at these banks I mentioned, thus I cannot cash in my halves, but can only buy from them.

Jim
 
Nothing like giving hope...then shattering dreams.
 
jewelerdave said:
Nothing like giving hope...then shattering dreams.
Great minds thin alike. I have been known to pencil in 1964, 1965-69 and such.............. :icon_jokercolor:
 
Silver_Fox said:
Great minds thin alike. I have been known to pencil in 1964, 1965-69 and such.............. :icon_jokercolor:
;D ;D
All is fair in love, war & CRHing

This has only happened twice to me. I go to a bank and the teller asks me "are you the one who called about the halves?" Yep, that was me, do you still have them? (never called a bank in my life for coins :o) You got to be quick :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom