I just dont get it...

After 17 hunts and 3 gold rings, I'm still not getting how I found them. All three times, I was digging tones that doesn't show any ID on the screen... Hmmm...
How deep were they?:dontknow:

Deeper than the length of my Garrett pro pointer. I catch a good tone with no ID usually, then I'll skim off the top 1 inch of sand and it'll register anywhere between 50-80 on the screen.
After about 3-4 scoop using my stealth 720i on very packed sand... There's the gold. Each time - totally unexpected.

I wonder if I'll do just as well with a low end machine... Then again, deus is really hitting quite deep and separating out very well in my very trashy sand
I have never "beach" hunted with my Deus,but it does exactly like you described,when it "hits" a deep coin in soil. The TID numbers will only read to a certain (I'm not sure what it is) depth. My AT Pro will do the same thing,on land with deep coins. When I get a good signal,and no TID,I can almost be sure it's a "good" find.:thumbsup: On another detector I had,it never hit any target,without showing a set of numbers. It also never hit any targets deeper than 4-5 inches also!:laughing7:

This is why many of us guys don't use the screen to inform us what it is or how deep. If the target is deep, the screen won't report it and all you can really trust is the sound.

This is why many of us guys don't use the screen to inform us what it is or how deep. If the target is deep, the screen won't report it and all you can really trust is the sound.
YUP! Hunt with your ears! If it sounds good,dig it!:thumbsup:

ok, i am travelling to sydney tomorrow for work... flight is scheduled for tomorrow morning... maybe i can still squeeze in a 3-4 hour hunt tonight... :P
looking for deep signals with no TID... lol

found a bracelet and a broken "half ring" which has a red stone in the centre and ice around it... i doubt any of these are precious though... all dug up from the deep... no TID

found a bracelet and a broken "half ring" which has a red stone in the centre and ice around it... i doubt any of these are precious though... all dug up from the deep... no TID
I look hard to find the NO TID signals!:thumbsup: It's almost always a good target!

fishingdevil, are you hunting salt water beaches? That could have a lot to do with it.

The really deep ones on the XP Deus wont give a visual ID. It does in fact give good audio. I ALWAYS dig the ones like that. Been surprised many many times for the good!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back