What's new

I just found a 1938d Walker KEY DATE!!!!!!!!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't even realize it was a key date!!!!!! Below are the prices from my 2006 red book!!!! What grade do you think it is?

g=$60
vg=$70
f= $80
vf= $100
ef= $130
 

Attachments

  • 2-6-09 (2).webp
    2-6-09 (2).webp
    52.2 KB · Views: 422
  • 2-6-09 (2).webp
    2-6-09 (2).webp
    52.2 KB · Views: 413
Upvote 0
seger98 said:
I just wanted to point out something about it being slabbed, I respect everyones opinion on it, but I look at it this way. Let's say for the sake of argument that it's worth $175.00, you pay $30.00 to have it professionally graded, it's no longer worth $175 to you, it's worth $145.00 because you have $30.00 into it. Unless it's a truely rare coin, or a coin worth considerably more, say $500 or better, I myself I wouldn't have it graded. Please everyone, it's just my opinion.


But like jim4silver said, don't just put it in a folded coin holder!

Chris

LOL - I do see what your saying, but its all profit for me as it only cost 50 cents!!!! :icon_pirat: So with it slabbed, nobody will dispute its grade and I wil get a better price on ebay with it slabbed. I'm not planning on selling it though.
 
TreasureFiend said:
seger98 said:
I just wanted to point out something about it being slabbed, I respect everyones opinion on it, but I look at it this way. Let's say for the sake of argument that it's worth $175.00, you pay $30.00 to have it professionally graded, it's no longer worth $175 to you, it's worth $145.00 because you have $30.00 into it. Unless it's a truely rare coin, or a coin worth considerably more, say $500 or better, I myself I wouldn't have it graded. Please everyone, it's just my opinion.


But like jim4silver said, don't just put it in a folded coin holder!

Chris

LOL - I do see what your saying, but its all profit for me as it only cost 50 cents!!!! :icon_pirat: So with it slabbed, nobody will dispute its grade and I wil get a better price on ebay with it slabbed. I'm not planning on selling it though.

Well with it slabbed and graded for the cost of $30 it is still a $175 coin that now would become a $205 coin to me because it was slabbed and graded.

Mojo
 
That is a sweet find, no matter the grade, value or what you decide to do with it. Walkers are relatively easy to come by; I've dug about a dozen and I see them in this forum quite a bit, but a 38D is special. My cousin's husband has one and he keeps offering to sell it to me at a good price. Maybe I'll take him up on it someday!
 
HUGE CONGRATS!!!! icon_pirat icon_pirat icon_pirat

I'll be opening 6 more boxes of halves next week... that would be awexome to find ANY Walker, let alone a key date in EF-40 shape like yours Smiley
 
WOW!! Beautiful detail for a walker!! Looks like F condition to me. Excellent find!!!
 
No way no way no way!!! What a beautiful coin, congratulations!
 
WTG! :thumbsup:I realiaze y ou just mentioned you wont be selling it . How about trading for a 1928D??? I am missing that year for my collection. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Looks awsome! I would seriously consider ANACS also they dont charge the extra club joining fees! I am sending an IKE to them.
Nice find! TF http://www.anacs.com/Default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
Good luck
 
Ok dangit I leave for Spain and we are finding 1938d Walkers. What is next? a AU seated liberty in a roll? Great job TF

Golden Silver
 
golden silver said:
Ok dangit I leave for Spain and we are finding 1938d Walkers. What is next? a AU seated liberty in a roll? Great job TF

Golden Silver
OK, I'll claim the AU Seated Liberty- find it today. Thanks. HH Mark
 
That's one nice looking key date coin. Congratulations.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom