What's new

I love my tellers!

markmopar

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
967
Reaction score
88
Golden Thread
0
Location
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up my normal two boxes from one bank today(both skunked). On the way out the door, a teller called me over and said that someone brought in a roll of halfs and they thought of me right away. but they weren't sure what kind of halfs they were, she said. "They have a woman in a dress on them, are they what you like?"

Hell, yes!!

The teller had given out one during the day but still had 19 left!

1- 1920
2- 1941
2- 1942
3- 1943
1- 1944
1- 1945
the other nine I can't read any dates because of the wear.

I told them I'm bringing the donuts tomorrow...
 
Upvote 0
Man I need a good teller like that. The tellers around here keep for themselves. I was lucky just once when I saw 4 silver dimes in a teller's tray and asked for them. She tried to pretend she misheard me and offered me a SAC dollar and a 50 cent piece but I clarified quickly. She later said, I was keeping those for me but don't worry. I said "I'm sorry would you like them back?" She said "oh...no there will be more." That is the only time I was given something from a specific teller.

-Golden Silver
 
What i don't understand is why the tellers don't take out the silver immediately. I had one teller reject my request for a silver half. err. that made me mad.
 
some tellers think silver is still $3 an ounce. So they dont think there is any premium. Some just don't care, its just a job.
And there are some that shark everything they can.
They dont have the same mentality as you and I on the subject.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom