What's new

i need a big boy detector

I have a Garrett GTI 2500 and a Garrett AT Pro..........still learning the Pro and spoiled rotten with the 2500! both great machines for under a grand!! Garrett pro pointer is wonderful to use!
 
I reallyyy like using my Teknetics T2 in our soil around here. Our soil is filled with bits of iron so the T2s 2 or 3 tone mode really helps you pick through that iron. Also, Its really light and and the coil is long so it will cover those massive lancaster county fields like no other detector:thumbsup: Also, Ive used a few different Whites models around here, and they do pretty well too. Most people prefer using something with a VDI display too but thats just preference! Goodluck, you're in a great area and you're gunna make some great finds with any detector you buy...HH!
 
I wouldn't trade my AT Pro for anything, I love it. I think you will see pros and con's for every detector. Pick what you feel comfortable with and enjoy your new detector.

HH and stay safe and legal,

Mstt
 
You wouldn't happen to get a commision fro a certain brand? now would u? :-]

Who me?

Thats sounds like a great idea, then I can give up work.
 
The T2 and it's cousin the F75 have great depth, but can be a bit chattery. The T2 is geared more toward relics, while the F75 is theoretically better on coins... Although fans of each will swear by their detector.

The Minelab X-Terra 705 is priced very well for the performance level.... Paired with a 6" Coiltek digger it's a coin hound in trashy areas. For the money, it's hard to beat it.

Give me a call if I can help you with your upgrade. :)
 
I would also check reviews on customer service, that's 1 thing that drove me toward Garrett , along with White's and Tesoro.
 
I would also check reviews on customer service, that's 1 thing that drove me toward Garrett , along with White's and Tesoro.
I own detectors that customer service has been portrayed as bad but not experienced any problems with those detectors. I've got a pinpointer from garrett who it is said has great customer service and the first one was junk and with great customer service replaced it with another junker. Just something to think about. After being on Tn for a few years I've noticed except for whites the one with highest rated customer service seem to fail more often than others if you know what I mean
 
The T2 and it's cousin the F75 have great depth, but can be a bit chattery. The T2 is geared more toward relics, while the F75 is theoretically better on coins... Although fans of each will swear by their detector.

The Minelab X-Terra 705 is priced very well for the performance level.... Paired with a 6" Coiltek digger it's a coin hound in trashy areas. For the money, it's hard to beat it.

Give me a call if I can help you with your upgrade. :)

Better think of replacing your stock with the XP...lol
 
Better think of replacing your stock with the XP...lol

I love the Deus! :thumbsup: Just suggesting possible machines in his price range.... Only he will know what works for him. 8-)

My favorite to date is the GPX5000... But I don't think he'd want that in a park. LOL
 
I love the Deus! :thumbsup: Just suggesting possible machines in his price range.... Only he will know what works for him. 8-)

My favorite to date is the GPX5000... But I don't think he'd want that in a park. LOL

I don't want that in the field either, not only is the price too high but if you work heavy clay like I do, then deep holes all the time actually wastes time when 80% of my finds are in the plough soil.
 
I own detectors that customer service has been portrayed as bad but not experienced any problems with those detectors. I've got a pinpointer from garrett who it is said has great customer service and the first one was junk and with great customer service replaced it with another junker. Just something to think about. After being on Tn for a few years I've noticed except for whites the one with highest rated customer service seem to fail more often than others if you know what I mean
When I mean "customer service", I mean if anything goes wrong,how much of a hassle is it to replace. Is the company easy to work with,with great turnaround time? Faulty equipment can happen to all brands,its how the company handles it. There are 3 dealers in my area who won't carry 1 of the top brands because of that. Just like in cars,you can buy 1 with great reliability and a great warranty but when you need something done,how hard or expensive is it to replace?
 
I use the atpro , buts its my first.l love it and found some nice stuff. I will always keep it.I'm a realist.l don't pull punches.guys say there pulling 8 to 10 inch coins ,there's something wrong.anyway I'm also looking for another unit what I tried is picturing a good spot you where excited to dig as you where walking to it someone was walking out with a detector. Which detector would make you turn around and find another spot?get that one. Also you can go to brands, its in forums.lots of stuff .well hope it helps it helped me .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom