What's new

I Prayed For A Ring...The Lord Has A Sense Of Humor...

Subterranean

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
3,966
Reaction score
8,893
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With another 100 degree day to detect before the schools go back in session, I powered on through. I hit a few parks and ended the day at a school that always gives me something. I started off at the school finding numerous die cast cars and parts of them, like a kiddie wrecking yard. I hit the grass outside of the paved and barked areas of the playgound, I asked the Lord for just one ring to end the day. While making my way back to the Jeep, I got a solid 80 VDI on the ATPro and thought I had another clad dime. No...I got this beast. It is really big and when you twist the skull, the eyes light up! It takes a small watch battery to make it work. Appears to be made of pewter or some other alloy. Ring #1 for the month of August, yay!
skullring1.webpskullring2.webpskullring3.webpskullring4.webp

Other finds from the parks and school today were half of a "best friends" pendant, small caribeaner, a "Hunter" draw string pull, a blank dog tag, a scholastic medal, a MOP button, and a "Vapor" pipe (found in park.)
skullring 5.webp

I think the REAL find of the day was this, my FIRST EVER found in the wild (not at a club hunt) a silver 1964 Washington quarter!
:hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2: It was a solid 88 VDI on the ATPro at 2" down. So far, it is my largest silver coin to date.
skullring6.webp

Thank you for looking, I wish all of my TNet friends Happy Hunting as we all hope for cooler temperatures and fewer bugs! Sub 8-)
 
Upvote 54
The ring is too cool and big silver is always good! Nice digs!! :occasion14:
 
Congrats on a fun hunt.
Put that silver Washington in a coin folder and mark it "FIRST SILVER QUARTER"
 
Congrats on the silver quarter SUB! I like the skull ring too.
 
KDQ, Next time, I will use this prayer "template..."

Dear Lord, if it be your will, please allow me to find a large, heavy,intact, undamaged, diamond studded ring made of platinum, yellow gold, white gold, or sterling silver. Kind'a like the ones my beach and ocean hunting friends on TreasureNet find. Thanking you in advance, Amen, Sub :laughing7:

My arms are too short to be boxing with God and I'm not going to catch Him on a clause in words. ;)

My prayer is much simpler.

"Dear Lord, please guide me over what YOU want me to find and then help me to hear/locate it. " :)

Give it a try and work really hard to stay out of His way! You'll like the results. :)
 
Last edited:
My arms are too short to be boxing with God and I'm not going to catch Him on a clause in words. ;)

My prayer is much simpler.

"Dear Lord, please guide me over what YOU want me to find and then help me to hear/locate it. " :)

Give it a try and work really hard to stay out of His way! You'll like the results. :)


Oh, I hear you Whadi, my "prayer" was purely tongue-in-cheek of course. It never ceases to amaze me how much He gives to us. Not just in the hobby....Sub 8-)
 
Well, silver is silver ..dead ring
 
As long as it was not "still on" the hand of the last wearer....your good!!!
 
Sub,

Heh you asked for a ring and got one.....different type for sure.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Congrats on digging that unique ring and pulling a silver Washington. :occasion14: I'd be happy with those finds.
 
Good score on the silver! Ring is way cool
 
Them silver quarters are hard to find! Congrats.
 
I always wanted one of types of rings,
Great find,
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom