Man what a sad day. I went to a old hunting spot and this was it. Hard to see it but its a worked unifacial tool. I found a flake but I will spare you.
At least you were able to get out and hunt. It just turned cold here and started snowing which means we probably won't be seeing the ground for awhile.
Yeah that skunk flint is only found here in my home town in that shade of black. I was happy to find it cause it is the first piece found in that spot. All the other artifacts found made out of skunk flint is about a mile away. Ill have to check on this spot more often and hopefully find a point.
Just getting out would be fine with me... below zero here, snow and nothing to do but restore old harleys til the weather cooperates.
I say, nice find and glad to see some of you able to get out....thanks for the pics., love to see them!!!!!!
Yeah it was good to be able to hunt my old spot. I was glad I found anything cause I figured I had cleaned it out. One is better than none. Oh by the way it is going to be 60 on Monday
Go find a creek. Use google earth and look around at your area. Thats what I do then try to meet the owners and ask if you can look. If I find someone that lets me look in their fields I tell them while I am looking I will pick up the rocks and carry them off their fields for them. That helps and they seem to like it. Good Luck
Yeah well that doesnt really work here. Waccamaw river banks are mostly swampy cypress or someones retaining wall. The shell middens are paved over or protected. Waterfront property is for the most part in gated communities. Must have a boat of some sort and this stretch of the river is part of the ICW. History and maps are hard to come by and mother nature has re-arranged our inlet and islands many times over. It is what it is.