I still can't believe my luck!!

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special Edition
I still can't believe my luck!
20231016_231715~2.jpg

My neighbor just gave me these! I still can't believe my luck!

Minelab Excalibur 1000
I think the other is a Bounty
Hunter. I will never score
something like this ever again!

20231016_231715~2.jpg

Attachments

• 20231016_231805.jpg
    20231016_231805.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
Upvote 18

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, to get that Excal to be waterproof again is going to cost a few hundred dollars. You "might" be able to re-cable the coil. If not, you'd need to replace it. The headphones need a new cable too, and probably a speaker upgrade. If you plan on using it both in and out of the water, I'd also reseal the pod with new "O" rings and do a pin point button mod on the handle, if that hasn't already been done. Hopefully, you got the charger with it too, or, you'll need to buy one. I'd get a backup battery too. RNB makes a great one, or, at least have both a rechargeable and an alkaline battery pod. If you can fire it up, test it in some dry sand to make sure it works properly before sinking any money into it. If it doesn't work right, it's not worth fixing considering the condition it's in. The Bounty Hunter is a wall hanger, or, gift to a kid IMO. Not worth wasting time and effort with it in any serious detecting.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Score! Once you go Minelab......

OP
OP
adh247

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special Edition
Yeah, to get that Excal to be waterproof again is going to cost a few hundred dollars. You "might" be able to re-cable the coil. If not, you'd need to replace it. The headphones need a new cable too, and probably a speaker upgrade. If you plan on using it both in and out of the water, I'd also reseal the pod with new "O" rings and do a pin point button mod on the handle, if that hasn't already been done. Hopefully, you got the charger with it too, or, you'll need to buy one. I'd get a backup battery too. RNB makes a great one, or, at least have both a rechargeable and an alkaline battery pod. If you can fire it up, test it in some dry sand to make sure it works properly before sinking any money into it. If it doesn't work right, it's not worth fixing considering the condition it's in. The Bounty Hunter is a wall hanger, or, gift to a kid IMO. Not worth wasting time and effort with it in any serious detecting.
I just put a new battery in and tested it and it works great! Looks like it was barely used to be honest. Seals look ok on the pots so far. gonna rip out the old wiring and seal it up and waterproof it. I'm happy with the headphones, they work fine enough for me. I'm not going diving, just a foot or two deep on ocean shoreline. We shall see how it goes and I'll update it later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread