I suddenly found out today that....

the days are nicely getting longer too

Yes, I noticed. There is hope! For no blizzards this year. And please, no more ice storms. Those are annoying.

For sure! Wasn't like that a week ago. BTW I also got a lot of nice relics down there today, haven't cleaned them up yet. That Deus HF coil SUCKS little wonderful Civil War stuff right out of the ground.

Yah.... hit 86 in FL today. 10 degrees higher than normal!

It's not that I don't like winter. What I don't like is power outages due to ice or snow or wind, slipping on ice, falling on anything, having to deal with my pet chicken's frozen water twice a day, people flying down the road in bad conditions trying to get someone killed, you know, those little things.

Grass is starting to poke up. I'm ready for warm weather.

The winter wheat is starting to turn GREEN in Virginia. Winter's almost over. Yeah.

Well, it was pretty bitter here on the Southern border of Virginia, and then it didn't warm up that much but we had a couple tolerable days. And then the rains came, and came, and came - the bridge across my creek washed out several days ago. I hefted enough rocks to get a passage over it, so I'm viable again. Day after tomorrow it's supposed to be cloudy and hit 72 degrees. Me thinks a park or a field awaits me finally.

And I really would like to see Winter over here. I can get out, and I can lower those $500 a month propane bills :)

It's not that I don't like winter. What I don't like is power outages due to ice or snow or wind, slipping on ice, falling on anything, having to deal with my pet chicken's frozen water twice a day, people flying down the road in bad conditions trying to get someone killed, you know, those little things.

Same thing has been driving me nuts this winter with my chickens watering bowl. I have a little pond on my property that they normally drink from, but when there’s snow and ice covering the ground, they prefer to stay in the coop. My chickens hate walking on the snow and ice.

My ladies are totally enclosed, and goofy here spends about $100 each year to "encase" their house in plexiglass. It stays on from December for about another 3 weeks. No wind chill and it is a lot warmer for them with it up They're not spoiled.

winter in socal.jpg

It has been a very long tough winter here in SoCal. Come on, we need it to get above 70 already

It won't be spring here until the leeks start poking through the ground.

Smokey, on the driving part.......did you say you were from Georgia?

My yard has gone from nothing to green (grass) almost over night. Like John Wayne Bobbitt said, It wont be long now.

Nothing green around here, the heart is getting heavy.

20180211_123552.jpg

Devldog, it's Maryland.

Woke up to 2" of fresh snow..it won't stay around long, but
it's Old Man Winters way of telling me that warmer weather is
still a couple months off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back