What's new

I think I found a foreign coin need help IDing it

tmanfromtexas

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
755
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Went out today in Chicago and hunted Jackson park where the Columbian Exhibition of 1893 was held. I found a coin that is the same size as a lincoln penny but it is not it or an indian. It has the letter 1, the date of 1859 below it and a wreath around the edge similar to an indian. On the other side, it is almost smooth. I am sorry I dont have a camera to take pics as it crapped out on me. I have searched Canadian and British but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TMAN...
 
I have some help, get a new camera :D
 
Upvote 0
You're killin me Crusader ;D I will take pics at work Monday but even then I dont know if there is enough detail to help ID it. What is cool about the find is that someone from somewhere other than the US or Canada came to Chicago in 1893, viewed the exhibition and left this coin behind. I go MDing today with GOIO and McEtrac and find it. I love this hobby. TMAN...
 
Upvote 0
Is this what you coin looks like ?
 

Attachments

  • coin 002.webp
    coin 002.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 225
  • coin 003.webp
    coin 003.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 0
tmanfromtexas said:
Thanks RodgerDodger and Iron Patch. That is what it is. TMAN...

I must have been tired, thought that was the pic finally added. :-\
 
Upvote 0
If you feel this is solved,

Go back to your original post,

Click on Modify,

Click on Message icon down arrow,

Click on Solved,

The Green Check will appear.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom