What's new

I think I got "burned" on a Sovereign, need help!

mfjohnson

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2006
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Live in Franklin, TN, hunt in Nashville, Murfreesb
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero and Tigershark
I think I got "burned" on a Sovereign, need help!

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a sovereign GT of the forum (for a really good price). However, I believe the "deal" wasn't as good as a I thought it was (I can't get a hold of the seller). I simply can't get it to turn on (tried fresh batteries as well as a fully charged battery).

Now, my main question concerns the warrenty. One the underside of the control box is an ESP stamp as well as a number. Is there any way to tell if the warrenty is still valid? Ihave only owned Tesoros in the past, so they are the only ones I've delt with. So, I'm kind of nervous. Any thoughts or advice on the situation?

Thanks,

Mike Johnson
 
Re: I think I got "burned" on a Sovereign, need help!

My only thought is to call the Minelab service center and give them the serial number of the detector, and the ESP warranty and have them check it.

However, I'm pretty sure Minelab doesn't allow warranty transfers between owners, so don't tell them who you are right away. If it's valid and they wouldn't honor it for you, maybe you could have the original owner contact them for you - or just give them his name. Dunno what the right move is... they should really allow warranty transfers.
 
Re: I think I got "burned" on a Sovereign, need help!

Minelab warranties are only valid to the original buyer. You can always hope you get lucky, if you can reach the original buyer he might help you, if not then you will have to bite the bullet and hope it isn't too much, or that Minelab decides it was defective and repairs it for free.....

Are you sure the set screw is tight, or the knob isnt loose and not turning the shaft: Have you checked the battery with a volt meter? It also could be just a loose wire....

The Sovereign GT also has a silent search setting where there is no threshold and it makes no sound unless it is over a target, you sure this isn't what your hearing or not hearing?

If you do have to send it in, it may not cost you much to fix, and owning 2 Sovereign GT's, one of which is waterproofed, I can tell you they are fantastic machines............

Good luck and good hunting..................
 
Re: I think I got "burned" on a Sovereign, need help!

Who was the seller ?

All Members who sell through TreasureNet
should be Accountable.
 
Re: I think I got "burned" on a Sovereign, need help!

jeff of pa said:
Who was the seller ?

All Members who sell through TreasureNet
should be Accountable.
"should" ?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom