What's new

I think it’s brass

Tack Driver

Jr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2019
Messages
31
Reaction score
47
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for some info on a metal detecting find. I think it’s brass. It has the name T. Keenan on it with a bunch of stars around it. And a little symbol above the name

5D355C47-94DB-481B-BAFB-60991425A30D.webp

EC68C6AD-F996-4763-8102-7F7D0D368EA1.webp

F6255E7C-02F8-428E-A951-A67C7A6F7017.webp

9811BE92-A244-4EC6-9092-FBF8903F51D1.webp

BFD8F88F-41B1-4515-A52A-1CFD3281C695.webp

E2155B59-4EC6-47D6-932F-5D6732DDC7E4.webp
 
Last edited:
I got a lead for y'all. T. Keenan has an 1876 patent for improvement in pipe wrenches. If anybody could search his other patents, we may find it.

patent T. Keenan.webp

Using the words Thomas Keenan may also get a hit
 
Upvote 0
How about a bunion attachment for an old shoe stretcher?

Vintage-antique-magic-Polish-Sole-Makers-Shoe-Stretcher-Setcobblersrare.webp
 
Upvote 0
It was found on a recently bulldozed house and farm that was still being used in the 1960s. The house itself is on an 1864 map. Also found a large cent with a date I couldn’t read. Both were found real close to where the house sat
 
Upvote 0
Wow very good leads bigcypress. I’m going to look through that info a little better tonight after work...thank you all for your help on trying to identify this thing.
 
Upvote 0
Yeah makes very good sense could easily be one of those attachments. I’m going to keep searching. Thanks matt
 
Upvote 0
868AF24B-9733-4C60-B068-96367FFB503B.webp

I think your right Matt, these ones are more modern and the peg is different , but I don’t think you can get any closer, they are nearly exact
 
Upvote 0
I wish we could find a connection between Keenan and a cobbler or a shoemakers patent
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom