What's new

I think my son is lucky...

Huskerhunter

Full Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2011
Messages
113
Reaction score
468
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
So my 10 month old son has already whooped me when it comes to successful hunts. He is a perfect 2 for 2. I work days and the wifey works nights which means I am with him most afternoons. Last Friday while bored out of my mind, I decided to load him up in his pouch and take him on his first little excursion into my alfalfa field. We had a hard freeze and some rain, so I figured I would find some flakes and broken pottery as usual. Boy was I surprised when I found this little guy.


ForumRunner_20131101_185136.webp



ForumRunner_20131101_185156.webp



ForumRunner_20131101_185211.webp


It was a surprise because I literally comb the field all the time because it is pretty much my front yard. I have only found 1 point and 2 brokes in 1 1/2 years of looking, and Parkercrazy 99 scored a nice bird point here as well early this year. So that was my proudest daddy moment yet.... until today.

I figured that I might as well kill off some more time looking with the baby before I had to feed and bathe him. Boy was that a good call. I picked this little guy up.


View attachment 891752



ForumRunner_20131101_185909.webp



ForumRunner_20131101_185935.webp


I was pumped and was kind of amazed that the 2 times I took him out with me, I had 2 decent points. Then on my way back up to the house, we come across this smoker!



ForumRunner_20131101_190202.webp



ForumRunner_20131101_190221.webp



ForumRunner_20131101_190246.webp



That is the best luck I've had ever in my field, or anywhere really, and I'm gonna chalk it up to my boy. I think he is gonna be a natural for sure....



ForumRunner_20131101_190444.webp



I think I should start baby sitting more often and working a little less. ;)

Happy Hunting!
 
Upvote 0
Sorry, here is the insitu of the second point. All found in S.W. Iowa by the way...




ForumRunner_20131101_191502.webp
 
Way to go Dad!
I can babysit on weekends. :-)
 
Very nice finds

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
Way to go. Thanks for sharing your finds.
 
You got 3 nice ones.
 
as good as it gets,nice post
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom