What's new

I thought it was from a padlock...but

McCDig

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
3,753
Reaction score
9,039
Golden Thread
1
Location
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was down near the airport today and on my way back through Baltimore I stopped by Wyman Park for a short hunt.
First find was a surface clad quarter, then a partial Mervin Jiffy hair clip, another clad quarter, a memorial, and a brass thimble followed in order. Then things got interesting. This place has yielded me about a hundred wheats and I hoped to get just one today and ... Bingo! a 1917 wheat. Making my way back to the truck I was detecting the edge of the footpath and got a 70s VDI shallow, large target. ?soda can I thought, but what came out was a first for me. I thought it may be part to a padlock, like a face plate, but then it became apparent that I was looking at a ladies boot plate. It has the size 2 and a half in raised numerals on the inside. Thanks to Treasurenet I understand that this is mid to late 1800s.
Thanks for checking out my pics.
Happy hunting, everyone.

MervinClip_BrassSpool.webpClad.webp1917Wheat.webpLadies_heelplate.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 16
I like that boot plate, found one myself really cool relics they are ! :occasion14:
 
First for me. Will have to do a thorough search of that path to see what else it holds.
 
That heel plate is in nice shape. They were made with various shaped cutouts. I found one with a heart as well a while back and there are theories of the significance of the plate with the heart shape.
 
Looks like it's brass, and although the picture doesn't show it, there's a green patina. No indication of maker.
 
That heel plate is awesome!! Congrats on a very cool relic!
 
cool heel plate, haven't found one of those yet!
very neat
 
That's at least 2 nice finds I have seen posted in the last bit that were originally thought to be cans. Great job deciding to rid the site of some " junk " and being rewarded.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom