Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a nightmare where I was digging up one of the best signals I ever heard and suddenly, after digging, I lost the signal! I woke up crying. ;)

Anyway, the last time at the mansion one of my finds did this to me. I did get this beautiful, very deep, solid penny hit. I pulled the plug and checked the hole, still there and deeper. Sounding a little better as well! Then, as I went to dig a little deeper I encountered one of THOSE roots. You know the type, fairly small, absolutely resolute in staying right in the way!! :(

So, being tired, and since it was such a small root, I decided it would be ok for it to be sacrificed, ;) I got up under it with my knife and pried upwards. Intending to just break it and get it out of the way so I could dig. Well, this root was stubborn!! And, as I said, I was tired and maybe just a little short tempered. ;)
I pried down HARD! I intended to just stop as soon as it broke but it went through with a pop and part of it and a handful of dirt went flying!! I scooped out the loose dirt from the hole and checked with the Pro-Pointer. No signal. Now, how could that be?!? It was right there and pretty solid!

Then, it dawned on me what I might had done. OH NO! I said, could it have been in that dirt that went flying?!?

CONSPIRACY1.jpg

CONSPIRACY2.jpg
This was a pretty deep hole and the signal was getting better the closer I got!

CONSPIRACY1A.jpg
I checked the hole.

CONSPIRACY4.jpg
The dirt I scooped out.

CONSPIRACY3.jpg
I even checked the clod, (was going to check it for other signals anyway. :) )

GONE! NO! It can't be gone! Not like in the dream! :(

I jumped up and tried figuring out trajectories, velocities and the like, (I was TERRIBLE at geometry!), to figure where it might have landed. I hunted for a few minutes, up to about 15 feet from the hole. Nothing! POOP! >:(

Getting dark so I checked the hole and dirt again, nothing :(
I grabbed for my knife and was getting ready to clean up to go home.

When....

CONSPIRACY5.jpg

There, clinging to a little dirt clod on the end of my knife, a tiny little button sat there smiling back at me.

LOL :) LOL :laughing9:

CONSPIRACY6.jpg

I SWEAR!!! This new AT-Pro of mine is now in cahoots with the rest of my equipment to pull practical jokes at my expense! :) LOL

Thanks for peeking.

HH!

Upvote 6

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions