What's new

I WANT TO HUNT CENTRALIA, PENNSLYVANIA...

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2013
Messages
9,947
Reaction score
19,963
Golden Thread
3
Location
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not really, to far from me. Am wondering if anyone has in the past, or is it possible today to access the abandoned town? Is there a fence around it?...is it enter at your own risk? Hoping a yocal will chime in and give some insight. Seems to me this is virgin turf, and hunting it would be exciting. Thoughts?
 
I live about 1/2 an hour from there. It has been pounded! Many T-Net members have hunted there.

habs
 
Really? I imagine the hunting is hard, overgrown lots and all... I bet there are still goodies to be found.
 
It has been hit hard and there are problems that you normally don't run into. The coal fire still burns underground. I have heard that the ground will melt your tires if you park in the wrong spot and then there are the caveins where the seam has burnt away the area beneath. That would be like going to hell. lol Frank...- five star.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom