What's new

I was confused at first!

halfdime

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2006
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
1,500
Golden Thread
0
Location
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Opened one of my boxes this morning and saw this Walker, then noticed a mintmark. I’m most familiar with Walker mints on the reverse, so I looked into it. Sure enough, less than a million were made with obverse mints in 1917! One other ender in the box so it will be a good day!😂
 

Attachments

  • 261C9DE7-ACE9-4A73-8B11-2AB1F0867D2A.webp
    261C9DE7-ACE9-4A73-8B11-2AB1F0867D2A.webp
    261.4 KB · Views: 180
Upvote 0
I looked it up in an old Red Book. The obverse mintmark was about 1/3 of the mintage of the reverse mintmark. Thanks for sharing.
 
What do you think she will grade out at?
 
For the cost of 50 cents, it'll grade out just fine!
 
Nice find and a good looking 17d'
 
Nice. I am still not allowed to hunt yet. I can probably get coins if they bring them out to the car and I let them sit for 3 days to let the virus die but can't go into the banks to use coin counters - FAMILY ORDERS
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom