I was going to tell everyone my spot...that is until i found this!!!!

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster P.I. Dual Field; Minelab Sovereign GT; CTX 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really can't believe this.,,I had my first heart attack today.....check out my find and you will see why...

image-1659870633.jpg

Found this 14k white gold with diamonds and some orange stones today within the first 20 minutes of my hunt... I stopped hunting after finding it...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gee_mg, congrats on absolutely beautiful find. Don't know if I would ever give up a location anymore. Took one person to two different spots that were new to me and he must've camped out with his friends. Not a big deal really, live and learn. Make no mistake, I go swinging with folks and have no problem taking them to a spot, but if you have not hunted it until you are comfortable, keep it to yourself. Congrats on your find, hope your orders take you where you want to go.
Thanks Mainelypulltab, I don't think I really want to give up my spot... There are already enough people going there as it is...I usually see most people there doing the dry sand; though.... and the one couple i see going there who claim they have over 40 years experience must not be doing something right because I am finding numerous rings here even after they have hunted on both sides of me. But then again, I hit this spot at least 3-4 times a week to perhaps there one or two visits a month.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! I congratulate on this find!!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure got a response from the women on here didnt it lol. Get it appraised and let us know..... super great find. Ummm you didnt show it to the wife did ya?? I did mine.... now i get to look at it every day.... it was BORROWED as was a bracelet and another ring. I believe the comment was ... no need letting these gather dust in the safe.

Dew

OP
OP
G

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
geez, no rings since this one.... going through a dry spell......

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol it did!!! But i keep staring at it...

Yep! I know how you feel! I call it "PRECIOUS"...... J.R.R. Tolkien has to be detecting somewhere :tongue3: !! Excellent find!!

SnT

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice ring find . Hope you find the other .Congratulations!!

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So we are all wondering..... Had it appraised yet and what are the gems?

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Lovely Ring. You might be surprised to know that God also made orange diamonds. They are quite rare, but they do exist. I think it was last year when an individual on a fishing pier pulled his cell phone out of his pocket and his orange diamond ring slipped off his finger and into the water. Insurance value was something like $350K. Insurance company put divers into the water and found it. You could have a very valuable ring there. HH. Papa

OP
OP
G

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So we are all wondering..... Had it appraised yet and what are the gems?

Have not had it appraised yet... Kind of intimidated to have it appraised since I know absolutely very little about jewelry and the stores that sell them. I have taken in gold rings before, but nothing with a diamond in the middle that is 1/2 a karat. Might go tomorrow and find out...I need to make a friend that deals with jewelry.

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Lovely ring.
Here's something I have done....go into a really nice jewelers and tell them you inherited the ring or something and that you are curious as to its worth, just a ballpark figure. Usually they don't mind giving you an estimate. That being said I have taken one ring to several different jewelers and got very different quotes, from $10 to $2000!

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome ring, gee mg, where did you say that beach was.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions