I was told this could be a memorial stone?

MoltedAsh

Jan 17, 2024
hello all. Hope youā€™re doing well!!

I found this when I was a kid on the bank of a river in northern Idaho just around the bend from a dam in Post Falls.

I was told by a local rock guy that it looks like a kind of memorial stone

I always thought it looked like a fossil but I was a kid. LOL

It resembles a spearhead as well but I was thinking itā€™s possible it was just in a weird spot in the water for a long time?

What do you guys think? Iā€™ve had it so long idk if Iā€™d let it go but of course Iā€™m curious if itā€™s worth anything as well as what it is to begin with.

Thereā€™s also said to be a lot of ufo activity thereā€¦. Just kidding. : )

Thx for any opinions if you have them!
IMG_0124.jpeg

Upvote 5

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To me, it looks a stone that sat in the river long enough for the softer stone on the outside to show more erosion than the harder stone in the center.

Don't know if it's worth anything, but it's cool! :occasion14:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool rock. Only thing close to an NDN memorial stone I know about is where a lady gave birth to a boy alongside a certain creek outside their camp in SWOK in the late 1800's and she placed a rock in the fork of the tree to mark the spot. Still there far as I know, and not a common practice, just something his mom did so he would always know where he was born, I guess.

OP
OP
M

MoltedAsh

Jan 17, 2024
Pretty cool rock. Only thing close to an NDN memorial stone I know about is where a lady gave birth to a boy alongside a certain creek outside their camp in SWOK in the late 1800's and she placed a rock in the fork of the tree to mark the spot. Still there far as I know, and not a common practice, just something his mom did so he would always know where he was born, I guess.
I donā€™t know much about it. Thatā€™s just what a local rock shop owner said

I thought since it looks like a spear head it could have been for their most famous warrior.

Well if you know anyone who wants a meteor with an alien foot fossil let me know. : )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread