I went back...

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
...to the sports complex/playground where I found the gold necklace on Sunday. I didn't have as much luck; as a matter of fact, I found fewer coins than I would have expected. However, I DID find my second dollar coin; this one from 1974 with a likeness of Ike on it. What in the world was a kid doing with it so it wound up in 3 inches of sand under a playground slide??? I also found 2 quarters, 2 dimes, 2 nickles and 7 pennies. One of the pennies had been bent in two so it looks like a copper taco. My dad says it looks like someone put it in a vise and banged the hell out of it with a hammer to achieve its distinctive shape. Why would someone do that? I also found a leg from a plastic action figure. I'm sure I'm not the only one whose junk box contains plastic body parts that have long been drawn-and-quartered from their original bodies. Maybe we could have a contest to see who can assemble the most unusual action figure from the parts they've found...
Ruth

Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds cool, but no pictures? I want to see the $1.00 coin

Keep @ it and HH!!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once found a '43 steel cent under a slide at a local park.Park is only 10-12 years old and almost in the everglades,not much past activity there.Who knows where kids today get a hold of stuff.Snooping in thier parents stuff i'd imagine :o.The contest idea sounds great and hilarious!I'm still waiting on my first dollar coin or half dollar for that matter,congrats!Good luck and H.H.-diggummup

OP
OP
SaintSea

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Oh, Mud... you know I can't refuse you! ;)Here ya go!
Ruth

Attachments

• Ike Dollar grouping.jpg
    Ike Dollar grouping.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 307
  • Ike Dollar Reverse.jpg
    Ike Dollar Reverse.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 294

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal!

HH

Lonewolfe

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
The coin has been put in a vise and bent so you can shoot it with an elastic mounted on a board....course i never did that ;) ::)

D

Deadshot

More than a mark! We used to shoot em with bungee cords attached to boards, they stuck into trees

Lol Jake. Me and my brothers have used Quarters before. They fit around the bigger Bungees better. Used to sit on the beach and see how far we could launch them. I bet we wasted like 10 dollars in quarters doin it. (Maybe I should go check out that beach and try to straighten some of them out ??? Great finds Saint.

Keep em Coming

Deadshot

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
SaintSea said:
...to the sports complex/playground where I found the gold necklace on Sunday.?? However, I DID find my second dollar coin; this one from 1974 with a likeness of Ike on it.? What in the world was a kid doing with it so it wound up in 3 inches of sand under a playground slide????
Ruth
I too a few years ago found an Ike at a soccer complex. Maybe it was used as a prize in a sports contest. Just a thought.
What a concept! Plastic body parts combined-part G.I. Joe, part Barbie, psrt Zoid, and what ever else you find. Who knows, you might even wind up with a Transformer from hell that can make you a fortune from Mattel. LOL

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
SaintSea said:
Oh, Mud... you know I can't refuse you!? ;)Here ya go!
Ruth

Ruth,

your killing me down here!! your finds ROCK !! got the love that IDX...this week i have only found CLAD... going to hunt a house after work maybe i get something good there... ;)
see you in the morning.. ;D

Morris
Ocala,Fl 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread