What's new

I would just like to say thank you

802MARK

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 3, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hello everyone,,

I found this site a while back and have been hitting it from time to time to look at all the wonderful things you guys have been finding. I bought a new metal hunter back a few years ago, like most things I went out and bought a good one and thought I would really use it, well I was living in ark. at the time and went out around 10 times trying to use this thing which was far smarter then I am. I did find some stuff on that old farm, mainly a bunch of worthless crap like buttons off of tarps and nails. I got tired of it really fast and put it back in the case. I now have moved to panama central america and am a little bored with myself. I plan on getting this thing out again and going out to search the beaches here. I will write more later because I will need a little help about how to set this thing up and use it the right way.

there is a river here that the locals call the river of gold, because the river had changed course years ago, and washed over a old grave yard, the local girls were coming home with huge beads of gold as well as other art made out of gold. a college came down and pulled a lot of gold art out of that area. I am ready to hit that area again to see what might turn up. anyway I just wanted to thank all of you and seeing your finds fires me up again.. god bless.
 
Welcome to Treasure Net. You're gonna meet a lot of great folks here that will be happy to help you get going. You may even meet a hunting buddy or ten. I look forward to seeing your finds. :hello:
 
Welcome aboard, Mark.
I have been hunting with my detectors for 40 years, I think. I really don't remember when I started. What year, anyway. Be very careful about the gold items. They may belong to the country of Panamá. TTC
 
Mark, what detector do you have? Frank
 
Panama? Not 100% certain about this, but as I recall you might find yourself in a pickle if you get caught using a metal detector in Panama. Best check the laws there first. :thumbsup:
 
PANAMA LAWS

Thanks for the replies guys. I bought a white dfx spectrum e series, I would say it's 6 years old. been sitting in the travel case. I am not sure what the laws are here on using one, so I will have to ask around to see. I know I have never seen anyone down here using one thou, and I have spent many days on the beaches here. I spoke of the river of gold down here, here is a link to it http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/feb/01/river-of-gold-precolumbian-treasures/

I really don't want to find anything like that, I am not in it for money or to keep something like that for myself, to me any precolombian art be it gold or whatever belongs to the people, for all to see.

I spoke to a old friend down here that told me he and two of his buddies paid some local kids to take them up into the mountains were these kids would dug up old graves and they found two small forms of art work made out of gold. One was a owl and the other a turtle. they bought them from these kids. I have been trying to get him to talk his friends into turning those items over.

I live in el valle de anton in panama. which is the stove pipe of a old volcano, most all the rivers around here have black sand in them, a sign I am told that gold should be around.

many stories down here of people who never trusted the banks so they would jar up their coins and put it in the back yard someplace. I have had a few people come to me wanting me to search their property for those. It's not the type of back yards most of you think about, it's a acre or two of overgrown jungle where great grand daddy walked into and picked a spot.

anyway thanks for reading, I got to get this thing out and clean it up and see what to do next, first thing I would guess is to buy new battery packs.
 
If it's illegal to export the Panama gold, melt it and then they can't tax or tarrif it in any way. It would be a shame to melt history like that, but it'd be even worse to let some higher up aristocrat end up with it.
 
Sorry, Heat. I would rather the Government (defined, the people) get the artifacts than to melt them. Cortez went through the area ONCE. I do not want history to see that here again! TTC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom