Ice Cold Gold

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Well if you've been following this show you know that in two episodes they voted some men off the show because (their reasoning) these two men didn't fit into the type of prospecting they were doing............HMM? the why did they need 2 gemologists and two equipment operators? and why do they need guys that didn't know anything on prospecting or mountain climbing ,and WHY did they hire a "expert" mountain climber (Doug)guide that was lost and don't wear protective helment when ropeing down a unstable rock / ice wall when anybody could see material falling as they went? well if voteing people off the show is what they want then my suggestion is : get rid of Eric the geologist that has been biten by "STUPIDITY" in not preparing for this trip with topo mats of the terrain that has elevations marked (he said he didn't know the mnt.was so steep. and don't wear safty glass' while trying to chip out samples.going off his safty rope to try to look for samples in a icey cravas with rushing water. get rid of Americo. he has lots of energy but NO experience / common sense. :BangHead:

Upvote 0

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the comments posted in this thread.

If the show were real, then the drama is believable, because you cannot have that many people on any organized activity without a confirmed leader. Even a hunting trip needs someone to take charge. Otherwise, when people get tired, skunked, uncomfortable, etc, they fight.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems the brothers and Eric have a vested interested in the deal, how much money of course we don't know but I doubt the others have any if at all and are used for their skills. If Eric and the brothers are in equal financial standings then Eric shouldn't be so bossy. In the first season he was more even keeled and asked rather than bossed like he does now. He's turned into a little napoleon with his don't do anything till I come back and expects grown men who are of equal standing to just stand there like mannequins until his triumphant return..which I have yet to see an area that is worth digging..yes they found gold but the areas are so hard to get to and work at who would want to risk equipment etc.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
apparently by the number of people watching the show they have found the gold, it is the program itself

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My excuse for watching the show is boredom..i like adventure type shows and prospecting shows etc so this is just a soap opera version of what I like. Neither one of these yahoos I would ever have as a friend, well maybe the gold sluice guy because he seemed to be the only down to earth non drama guy and they got rid of him because of what one of the brothers did which was total bull but hey that's life on stupid drama shows

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not heard anybody mention the "Prospectors" show

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not heard anybody mention the "Prospectors" show

Isn't it on like the weather channel or something? I like the show because they do find some cool stuff on there and it blows my mind at some of the prices that are spoken of for a rock..ok its garnets and aquamarine etc but to get down to it its a rock/crystal. Still in my book pretty cool to go digging and find something so beautiful and you could be and more than likely be the first person to see it and lay hands on it..yep that's cool and apparently healthy for the wallet

OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
well im glad this season is over for that show! That eric and americus oght to be voted completely off the air waves forever! why in the world do they ise a loop fo looking and gold that big and only then say they found gold??? I can see it plinly andi wear glass'! it must be a fashion statement or it brings them majic powers!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea best part was after the credits.
I hope the split is a Reason to Cancel the Show & Not turn it into
competitions next year

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a show if it doesn't have a leader count....

================================================== ==========
I watch that sometimes. As far as TV shows concerning mining,, this one is the best.
Yea,,, there are characters in it too , but at least they FIND STUFF !!,,
Prospectors:

click the youtube in the lower corner, that's a whole channel with many of the shows.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think prospectors is probably the best show that following prospectors that find and mine real treasure and not so much for drama

spummerr

Mar 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ice Cold Gold will return, Next season the Feldmans are going to DESTROY uncle Eric! LOL

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just watched the last episode...

Sometimes when I go out treasure hunting, I have a hard time deciding whether I want to go metal detecting or gold prospecting. Then, once decided, I have to decide if metal detecting, which detector to bring, or if gold hunting, am I just test panning spots or am I looking for a spot to set up my sluice.

I can't imagine the tough decision Eric must have to make having to choose between billions in gold, millions in rubies or, now, setting up a massive oil extraction operation on top of the planet. Poor guy.

Annnnnnnnnd that's enough sarcasm for today.

mulletator

May 16, 2015
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've watched the first season and a half of Ice Cold Gold. I haven't got to the voting off stuff yet.

I've worked as a prospector all over the arctic the closest I got to Greenland was Baffin Island which is almost identical. These guys totally overplay the danger and the drama. The team they have is not at all typical for this kind of work. Its obviously a made for TV operation.

If a TV crew followed me and my co-workers around there wouldn't be very many viewers. Drama is scarce and I always have the proper equipment and planning. Incidents do happen but its not nearly as dramatic as the show appears.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way back on Mar. 13, I made a prediction:

Just between us, every time I look at Eric's face it appears that, while the lights
are on, but the occupant is not present. Or, as my dad always used to say,
"That boy there....he ain't right."

Man's got crazy greed in his eyes, and I'd lay $5 that there's gonna be issues
about it before the season is over.

Listening to Amerigo in the latest episode proved my point...:icon_thumright:

Most recent show actually wasn't too bad, at least until the last 10 min.
of the show. Eric and his boys acting like elementary school kids, smarting
off to the brothers and John.

I like the Brothers Feldman and John...rest of 'em can go pound granite.

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i don't like any of them! They all act like children in high school. My opinion is each one of them would sell their own grandmother for a single dollar and never even bat an eye.
I didn't like them after only a couple weeks with them and like them even less today. For the sake of miners and prospectors all over the world, I hope this show is over for good.
I honestly pray their actions on this show destroy their business reputations after screwing Chad at the beginning of this season.

Chad and I are pretty close friends today as we were after spending our first hour prospecting.

That's my take.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chad got royally screwed out of the deal. The brothers made it out that Chad used the wrong GPS coordinates to set the sluice when it was I believe josh who used the GPS and gave those coordinates to Chad then both jumped up in his face acting as if they did no wrong. I believe they said this was your baby to handle and you screwed it up, you should have known where to put it and should have known that you weren't on our property..it was josh who had the GPS and the maps not Chad so that whole crew screwed him and didn't care. I hope Chad does well, would like to meet him someday

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread