What's new

Ice Out on Lake Mil Lacs

SusanMN

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
4,563
Reaction score
4,098
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This past weekend was Minnesota fishing openers, but the favorite fishing spot, Mil Lacs lake in central Minnesota, which is an enormous lake, was still ice covered. High winds took care of that in a big way as you'll see in this amazing video.

 
Upvote 0
Wow that was awesome! It reminded me of lava flowing
 
Any beaches or swim areas on the lee side of the lake will have sand shaved off and uncover targets that you couldn't get to before.
 
Any beaches or swim areas on the lee side of the lake will have sand shaved off and uncover targets that you couldn't get to before.

Yes, I was thinking that when the videographer mentioned that large rocks had been pulled up into the yards along with the ice.
 
Unbelievable! Looks like a sci-fi movie! We had ice out back early April, but nothing this dramatic. Hope you are okay and not near the lake. Thanks for posting.

Anita
 
God I love F.L.
 
unreal! I hate ice and cold
 
Look's like a Stephen King movie. "How do we kill it?" :laughing7:
 
Holy Bat Sheet!

Hope I never see anything like that coming towards my place. I don't know what you could do, if you were there at the time. That looked pretty powerful.

I would like to detect behind it though.
 
Holy Bat Sheet!

Hope I never see anything like that coming towards my place. I don't know what you could do, if you were there at the time. That looked pretty powerful.

I would like to detect behind it though.

I dont think there was anything that could be done, the wind was blowing the ice so hard, and it came off of the lake and to the buildings in under 10 minutes. Snowplows came to clear but not in time to prevent the property damage.

Ice is piled up six feet high at the shoreline, so it might be a few weeks before anyone can detect.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom