Ah, you are right creskol, thanks. Any way to tell if this is modern or civil war era? I've found other civil war era relics in this area, it's not a place that has had much foot traffic in the last 100 years.
Ah, you are right creskol, thanks. Any way to tell if this is modern or civil war era? I've found other civil war era relics in this area, it's not a place that has had much foot traffic in the last 100 years.
My guess would be that is post 1930, when Scovill invented the gripper snap.
In going back through the patents, I find that the first reference to a snap fastener associated with Scovill was a patent held by A.E. Plowman,
Dated April 5, 1904, Assigned to Scovill Manufacturing Company. Not exactly the same type as yours, but is a good indicator that yours was manufactured sometime after that date.