ID my first civil war bullet

brewern

Mar 30, 2013
I found my first Civil War bullet today, on my parents property in Damascus, AR. It looks to be in excellent condition and has not been fired. Ill post some measurements when I get home tonight.

This particular very old road/path and area in the woods isn't directly tied to any civil war history, but very near an area that is.

Any idea what kind of bullet it is? Thanks!

image-2399240704.jpg

rovnrbl53

Sep 29, 2011
Nice find. looks like standard .58 minie....could be either side....clean out the base with a toothpick...might get an additional clue or so

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratz on a nice dropped minie 58cal most likely . Ar. is known for its rare and unusual CW bullet types ,keep hunting and you will likely find some interesting examples . p.s. check out one of the CW bullet books by I believe the Thomas brothers or one of the other well known books. The small paper back by the Thomas bros is your best bet if you dont have a large collection. Sorry I can't recall the titles as my ref, books are hard to get to right now . one never forgets that 1st CW ERA bullet. Davers

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice CW bullet, keep looking that spot over it looks like a dropped bullet usually you will find more laying around nearby. You may even find a camp if you are lucky.

Good luck,
Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread