hbrown22
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Jul 23, 2013
- Messages
- 385
- Reaction score
- 452
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- north Middle Tennessee
- Primary Interest:
- Other
Upvote
0
I like the way they worked it! Is the flat edge broke or was it made that way.
Really surprises me that the tip survived.I've heard of them doing so . Is it true they would break them ??It has the general overall shape of a Turkeytail. I would keep an eye on the spot you found it and see if any more pieces pop up. It could be part of a Cache that was ceremoniously killed.
Gator has good advice and yes there are some places I can find info but you must remember there isn't much info on our areas past a certain time frame . The best information you can find is the rocks you pick up or others have found . Talking to old timers and farmers is a great way to learn your area !!! You just won't find lots of information past the mound builders . What archeologist have discovered is just about the main source of information on earlier time frames . But I know your area is like mine so you can bet the bank there were people in your area from paleo to present timePainterx7-have you found online history on your area?

I agree 100 percent !!!!!I think the old timers know more actual history than the books. Hunt up somebody in their 90's and have a good old sit down visit with them. Pick their brain to see what they remember about the older people mentioning when they were young. There is so much lost history.