Ideas? Anyone be interested in seeing a show on starting up a hard rock mine?

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have one heck of an opportunity to Do so.

the old timers missed a spot. 1.5 oz to the ton, Good reserve, and the claim owner is sadly in very poor health.

Have the resources and technology to make it happen and produce. But that wont be with out problems.

The refinery part is already in operation. Just would need to build a mill and get the rock out and into the system. A lot of things in the can be explored but the big thing is all the unknowns.
dont know if id pitch it to Discovery or Finance the filming myself and document it but I feel it would be entertaining and fun.

Based on this info any feedback is appreciated and will influence how things move forward

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've got mixed feelings about it. As entertainment I'd love it. I would also like to see someone follow full time prospectors in the motherload or follow folks like GoldenIrishman who've decided to go fulltime, or if you have to have drama show the real life drama the governmental agencies inflict on these folks, such as the couple up in Alaska that sell the paucity. On the other hand this little gold rush were having is playing he'll on the solitude, peace and quite, lol!

OP
OP
jewelerdave

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for all the serious feedback so far. My Idea is more of a documentary and the real life challenges that are in the way. No way would something like this go up against prime time stuff. And I have no tolerance for BS and crap. Nor would there be need for added drama. It would be straight business. with the general frustrations that come with working with governments, break downs, supply problems etc. But go into such details because yeah. As even the guys who do gold rush say, gold mining is usually pretty boring. but the story and the people involved is what makes it interesting.

This project would actually be done and over with in a pretty short work of time once it gets going. Once excavation begins the area would be done on the small scale plant in about a month or two. Then it would be on to the next project. But there is a story here, and a story I feel is worth telling. Weather I hire a crew to capture it and put it together. pull in investors to help out with the media costs and equipment or not. Is totally unknown at this time. or if the project even happens.

Made a lot of calls and talk to a lot of people. the claim owner. equipment makers. Even picked Freds brain a bit about it, and curious of what a target audience would think hence the post.

but make no mistake. if I did this it would be interesting. free of annoying drama people, just the frustrations of set up and get going.
but sure we would have familiar and unfamiliar industry people involved. The whole idea is to show that a mining operation can be.
Efficient, NO BS. low tech but technologically advanced. Environmentally friendly and done with out disastrous problems.
I want to show that there are business minded people out there who will do a good job and hope to set an example of how things can and should be done. Snd that there is still a chance out there for the people such as myself and others who are like minded.

Last year when I was on the season finally for Gold Rush only a few people noticed. why? we did what we needed to and it was problem free. Didnt set the audience or the place on fire, nothing exploded, broke down or caused any incident. It was so NOT Gold Rush.
had I set myself on fire in front of 5.5 million people on Live TV it would have been very different. But I wanted to show professionalism.

I did however ask Parker if he ever had night mares of the voice of gold rush talking disaster anytime he did anything risky with equipment. He and I both just about fell over laughing.

On that note. a lot of people give the guys on the show crap, but the thing is. they dont have control over what gets shown. They are good people. But often times caught and shown at the worst possible time...why? because it sells. Friction and drama sells to a wide range of people who like the Jerry Springer type drama. Our culture used to embrace and celebrate Scientists and Engineers and Doctors who discovered great things and advanced our society. Today some media outlets celebrate incompetence, slackers and inept people or they make them out to be that way. Chumly from pawn stars is a good example. He does know a lot about the business than the show allows to be seen. In reality if someone was like that they would not be working in a place like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions