Found this on the beach in Hawaii a few days ago. Just 6” down sitting on lava rock, under the sand. Wonder if it’s a bullet and relative age. Thank you.
Yeap looks like a modern pistol bullet (maybe 38, 9mm etc). As for narrowing the date down, I'm useless. Good dimensions/measurements can help narrow down the caliber etc. Someone should be able to give you more information.
It’s been in the low 80’s in Hawaii. I hit the beach each morning and late evenings. I saw a fellow metal detectorist this morning at the beach I was hunting. He was from Alaska and was happy to be hunting in Hawaii. We both had an Equinox 800. He had taken 100 clad coins off of the beach and was pretty pleased. He was flying home today and gave me his spare sand scoop saying he didn’t have enough room to take it back. We exchanged contact information and hope to get together some time in California. We belong to a really neat hobby and group of friends.
It’s been in the low 80’s in Hawaii. I hit the beach each morning and late evenings. I saw a fellow metal detectorist this morning at the beach I was hunting. He was from Alaska and was happy to be hunting in Hawaii. We both had an Equinox 800. He had taken 100 clad coins off of the beach and was pretty pleased. He was flying home today and gave me his spare sand scoop saying he didn’t have enough room to take it back. We exchanged contact information and hope to get together some time in California. We belong to a really neat hobby and group of friends.