What's new

If my next box is another skunk,I quit!

diggummup

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
17,871
Reaction score
10,149
Golden Thread
0
Location
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched another $500 box of halves on Friday.Nothing except one of those with 2 dates stamped on either side of Kennedy's head (1960 on one side and 1980 on the other side).I have another box to pick up on Monday that I couldn't get to on Friday.If it is another skunk,I quit! The reason? I have now searched through 24 boxes of halves and found only one 40% half.That's right,23,999 clad halves to one measly 40%'er.My first three or four boxes that I searched gave pretty good results with the first one being the best one.Since then it's been all down hill.Sorry to rant, but I just had to get this off my chest.You all don't know how lucky you are to be finding what you are.I wish you all luck in your CRH'ing endeavors but i'm about done with it.I think i'll switch to searching boxes of pennies for wheaties,at least i'll find something. :( :(
 
Upvote 0
Now don't get down on yourself. I told myself I was going to give up on CRH after being skunked on quite a few rolls of halves. I decided to try dimes for a change and it only took me 10 rolls to find my first silver dime. Go out and try something else, you just might hit the jackpot.
 
That is bad luck - you must have some hard core hunters in your area.
 
Stick with it Diggs, try a couple more or take a roadtrip on the weekend to find some more...that is what I did this weekend, it was still fun just to get out! Don't give up!
Pepperpump ;D
 
willypurdue said:
Now don't get down on yourself. I told myself I was going to give up on CRH after being skunked on quite a few rolls of halves. I decided to try dimes for a change and it only took me 10 rolls to find my first silver dime. Go out and try something else, you just might hit the jackpot.
I just picked up the box I couldn't get to Friday.If it's a skunk,i'm gonna try boxes of pennies for a while,maybe give nickels and dimes a whirl while i'm at it. :)

TXTim said:
That is bad luck - you must have some hard core hunters in your area.
I know for a fact there are.I've run across a couple while picking up boxes before.On a side note- one guy was dropping off a bunch of loose Ikes when he was picking up a box of halves.I managed to get 50 of them to put away for the future.

mountainman 2 said:
Have you tried another bank?
I've tried 4 different banks and many different branches in a 50 mile radius.

pepperpump said:
Stick with it Diggs, try a couple more or take a roadtrip on the weekend to find some more...that is what I did this weekend, it was still fun just to get out! Don't give up!
Pepperpump ;D
I'm a diehard.I'll stick with it,just letting off a little steam. ;)
I'm heading up to Memphis in August.maybe i'll rain on Patrick Earl's parade and get some of his silver! ::) ::) ::) With any luck that is! ;D :o ;D
 
If you're fed up, maybe it is time to take off for a bit. Just let it rest, and them when you are ready dive in. If you've been to so many banks, maybe you have made some friends with tellers who will call you when they get some halves in. Or searching something else, like cents or dimes is good too. We all hate getting skunked, but I think we're super lucky to still be pulling ANY silver at face value considering it has been "out of circulation" for over 37 years! Best of luck to you!
 
at1cad said:
If you're fed up, maybe it is time to take off for a bit. Just let it rest, and them when you are ready dive in. If you've been to so many banks, maybe you have made some friends with tellers who will call you when they get some halves in. Or searching something else, like cents or dimes is good too. We all hate getting skunked, but I think we're super lucky to still be pulling ANY silver at face value considering it has been "out of circulation" for over 37 years! Best of luck to you!
Ha, when certain tellers see me coming they start cringing and holding their backs as if they pulled a muscle. ;D Then there is that one teller-http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,69226.0.html
Seriously though,i'm gonna search this box I just picked up tonight and give the halves another rest for a while (UNLESS IT'S LOADED).And your right as far as being lucky to pull any silver out of "circulation" still.Wish you guys and gals luck.
 
Hey Dig.....I admire your persistence. You are a true CRH'er. I mean that!!! Don't give up though! Please keep plugging Dig.

Like PP suggested...maybe take a road trip. Check out this site below (you may already have it)....find a town that you haven't hit....get on Google Earth & search that towns banks....it provides phone numbers for you and call to see if they have any halves in the vault. Map out a one day trip with towns close to each other....you just never know.

http://www.usabancshares.com/

Hang in there Dig. I wish you the best of luck.....but don't give up yet! I hope your next box spills over with silver.....keep us posted.
 
Goin' thru 20 boxes a week, ya best believe I seen some skunkz! Florida might be played out! Ain't no room in The M for anotha hunter! Might try Georgia first. I got M-Town, TN on lock down! I been meanin' to ride out to Cashville, TN and see how they roll. Wit a name like dat, I gots to believe a playa's gonna find some silva! Peace!
 
Been a couple days,computer went down on me.Update-Well I managed 3 40% 'ers out of the last box plus 5 2005's that are just mirrorlike,so I kept them too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom