NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 weeks ago - took hot machine into cool water and leaked - batteries blew up
last night car broken into and 2 other machines stolen - I live in a great neighborhood - have a cop as a neighbor
but heroin addicts been hitting cars for quick items to turn into cash for drugs
they left a lot of other valuable items behind - thank God - but now I only have one water machine left
so no back ups - for now

Upvote 0

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
Sorry to hear that friend ... I had it happen a few years ago but I assume cause it was a Christmas gift it was stold for someone elses Christmas .. I'm a certified PI and it does seem a rip off related to just drug addicts ... additcts will take all they can carry from my experence , booze is a bigger problem , just ask any counsoler . Believe it or not sometimes these rip-offs are sold to pay rent and buy food or just a crooks income . Some items are quick sales on eBay and other sights so if you haven't reported it please do . And check every newspaper , Craigslist and Online sites like eBay and Amazon for you stuff in the next few weeks and it just might turn up . Woodsotck

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that Casper, allot of this has been going around lately everywhere in the country. I don't leave my machines in the car if possible, have you tried your insurance.

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's crappy! Sorry to hear.

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Damn. Prob get 50.00 for an excal on the street...

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man,,,,that,s just out and out crude....the law seems to be handcuffed these days....no body has respect for law and order anymore....

Sorry Casper-2, I feel your pain....

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear. Start checking out local pawn shops. I doubt dealers want MDer machines even though in CT they have been asking addicts for Dyson vacuums - quick resale on a $600 - $800 vacuum. Somehow I doubt they do much housekeeping themselves. If you find it in a pawn shop, call police and they can order the shop to hold the item, but you need to act quickly. Bright side is that they can't pop the stones out of a MD and melt down the metal. Hope you get your property back.
HH
dts

Reelsnrods

Feb 13, 2013
Nantucket
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable suck! Sorry to hear this... Hopefully police can track them down.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bet they take it to a local pawn shop. I'd go visit any in the area. Sucks.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
How did they get into the car? Busting out windows or prying open? Are they making any noise?

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Better days will follow Casper...

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Ouch!
Man I would love to catch them in the act.....

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man so sorry to hear I usually love reading your posts but this one's heartbreaking. I lost my van and all contents including safari machine and wand, digger, boots, shovel a few rolls of halves work credentials and certifications, my confidential info etc (basically my life) when my van got boosted from in front of my house. I was tired from detecting after work and dozed off on the couch after dinner. I fell asleep without putting the club on the car or cleaning it out which is essential (especially in my last neighborhood). I woke up for work and walked out to find an empty spot in front of my house. I suspect the unit turned up at a local pawnshop. I called around like I was interested in buying a detector and one had just showed up at a nearby pawnshop after the theft. They close at 5pm and I get out of work at 6pm so by the time I got there they were closed. After leaving work earlier and earlier and missing them a few days in a row I got in the door and "the detector had been sold"... or so they said. Its a great idea for us all to record the serial numbers of our equipment and even register them. I didn't have that info and it may have helped if I had caught the machine at the pawn shop. Long story short I feel you pain. My excal is in the shop for repair during the peak season and I am missing her immensely and will most likely not get her back in time for upcoming beach vacation. Its down to the infinium which has proved a frustrating machine for me at the beach. Hang in, good things are coming our way I hope

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear Casper.. Hopefully something will surface

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Casper I really hate to hear that. I know how much those machines mean to you and you definitely put them to use. I hope you can get them replaced soon. Maybe your homeowners insurance or vehicle insurance will help out depending on your policy. I know I would be ruined if that happened to me. I'm really sorry about that.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miserable people. I hate thieves. Sorry to hear Casper, good luck.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear of this.... Better days ahead.
Hopefully Karma will pay those bums a visit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread