Illegal wire tap,who to call?

Edward1976

Jul 9, 2013
USA for now.
Detector(s) used
DFX300, XLT, Laser
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No agenda, I'm expressing my opinion, and while it may not be the most popular one, it's what I believe is right. I believe it's right for in this day and age to be alert. How else would we learn about threats?

Edward1976

Jul 9, 2013
USA for now.
Detector(s) used
DFX300, XLT, Laser
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem buddy. Hey, look I know the whole PRISM thing seems crazy, and I'm sure it's not going to work for most things, but at least it's something, and if it saves American lives, or Europeans, or humans in general, it must be done. That being said, in my experience, China is the most watched group of individuals PRISM is going after. The firm I work with, we get up to 16,000, yes sixteen-THOUSAND cyber attacks a day! You think I have a free moment? Thank God we're surrounded by water on two sides, however the computer networks are the soft underbelly...ahh!!!

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Edward, thank you for your service. I am also sorry for your loss. I, of all people, appreciate how you are sharing your opinion. However, you are in the minority here, perhaps a more tactful approach would be better. Also, there is a great thread of people who are not worried about a government takeover that might interest you...Good food and great music.

Edward1976

Jul 9, 2013
USA for now.
Detector(s) used
DFX300, XLT, Laser
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, it seems I've been in the minority most of my life, nothing new. No, there's not going to be a government takeover anytime soon. I have enough faith in the United States that the people in charge, most of them anyways, have the best interests of the people at heart, even when it seems like a crackdown. What we do need is security, and unfortunately we live in a world where there are baddies everywhere, and aside from pulling people off the street and torturing them, PRISM is about the only option we have on the table at the moment. I work overseas most of the time, and enjoy my time home when I can get it, and would like to be safe. I mean, would you go into a forest at night without a flashlight? In my job, and I really am stretching what I should be saying in public, I know people who work with PRISM (PRISM being the blanket term for it, in fact it's really a network of independent firms who have expertise in the field of net security) and from what I've gleaned from them, only about .005 of the American population is of ANY interest to the government at any one time, and even they are only occasionally scrutinized. Who are they? Overwhelmingly foreign born military aged males of Muslim decent who are here on an illegal basis, who have criminal records and ties to Islamic terror organisations. That's it in a nutshell. It's not guys like you and me, it's not your cousin Fred, it's not the mailman, it's VIABLE, potential terrorist threats, none of whom you've ever even seen in public, none of whom you've ever even heard of. Scumbags. Scumbags who need monitoring. This country is a vast hodgepodge of nationalities and personalities, and it's easy to get lost within especially major metropolitan areas, such as New York, Los Angeles, DC, Miami, Chicago, Seattle, you name it. Trust me, it's not you they're monitoring, it's the scum of the Earth hellbent on death and destruction. Nice Guinness by the way, makes me thirsty.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
And no Chadeaux, you're wrong on pretty much all accusations. Who I am is a vet, I'm 37 (when you're born in 1976, that makes you 37), and I am a firm believer in military intel. Lack of intel allowed 9/11 to happen. Lack of intel allowed 7/7 to happen. Lack of intel is what allowed my only brother to come home from Afghanistan in a box after a suicide bomber detonated outside a shop he had just exited in Kabul with his best friend. Intel is why I got into network security, I want to protect people. My political views are none of your business really, and weather or not I think smoking dope is a good idea is totally irrelevant to this conversation. If you want to live in a world of terrorists having free reign I'm sure you'd love Somalia. Like I asked before, would you like to live in a nation blind and deaf to terror threats?

Only a couple years older than I thought.

Thanks for your service.

Intelligence, yes. Spying on civillians, no.

Not lack of intelligence gathering, lack of communication and lack of cooperation. In a couple cases, lack of smarts as well.

Sorry to hear you lost your brother while he was defending this country.

Security and spying are not the same. On this though, I have a question: If you have a network problem - a worm, for instance - does rooting it out mean that it's okay to go on to Kathy and Cindy's computers and look at their vacation pics from a local nudist beach? I'll be glad to answer you, because it's come up in court before. The answer is no. Looking at the actual photos is unnecessary, and a little sick in my book. Private matters are best left private. In fact, going into their personal files at all ... unless you have reason to believe (based on findings) the problem stems from their documents / pictures / video folders.

Stop the PC living, and be more like the Israelis in profiling ... wire taps are for criminals, not citizens.

Ask me, and I'll let you go through everything I have at home and online. If you miss something, I'll even point it out. BUT! Go behind my back, do it in secrecy under the guise of public safety, and that's a bit of tyranny commonly referred to as "guilty until proven innocent". Otherwise known as Bovine Scat.

Camron

Tenderfoot
Aug 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think most of the time we see are listen things that are weird for us.Just ignore them and if its happening again with you and you are not feeling secure than you can contact the security staff or police.
Brisbane Security

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As a law-abiding AMERICAN, I have the RIGHT to live a life free of
oppression and intervention from the government, including the right to
PRIVACY in my personal communications. If I post it on the web, then it
becomes public information (unless copyrighted, as are all my photographs),
but otherwise my business, so long as I follow the law, is private, and the
gov't (or anyone else) has no right to intercept or obtain any of that
information without my express permission. PERIOD.

The US is in the spot we are in as a result of all this ridiculous politically
correct crap that has invaded our society in the last 30 years. Kids and
young adults growing up today have it drummed into their heads that
they were, indeed, promised a "rose garden", and that they somehow
"deserve" it without the slightest bit of effort to earn it.

Yielding ones FREEDOM in order to accommodate fear mongering
does nothing more than weaken us as a nation, and makes us
(as individuals) puppets of a repressive government without
the rights guaranteed under our Constitution.

If you have termites living in your walls, then killing 100 of them
will not do a bit of good. They ALL have to die, or leave, lest they
too be killed. If you remove them all and isolate them in one place,
then you have to be forever watchful that they will escape, and
return to ravage your home. Only solution is to kill them all, or
move them so far away (like the Middle East), and then secure
the borders so that they can never return.

Soldier's today must be aware of how many good men have
died in order to protect the rights we have...so, was all that
for naught? In today's world, can we simply dismiss the sacrifice
they paid simply because the world dynamics have changed?

No Sir...the world dynamics have been changing since the dawn
of time, and no American should ever have to give up the hard
won freedoms that have allowed this country to prosper.

My not so humble opinion.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Activity Aug 13, 2013 01:26 PM
:dontknow:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last Activity Aug 13, 2013 01:26 PM
:dontknow:

Sorry Jeff, as I didn't look at the dates. I've had my fill of the
"give up your rights crowd", and just needed to rant a little.
umn.gif

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no Problem by Me :tongue3: I just noticed he's Disappeared .

Hopefully he hasn't been Silenced by Big Brother :unhappysmiley:
or worse local radio station 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread