Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ofcourse you could always F with them ... Move all your personel stuff to a friends house... then start

1) If you suspect a tap in the living room say stuff like your carrying on a conversation on a disposable phone they cant have tapped, like .. Yea got all the ammo today we still on for tommorow, or We need to move all these explosives out of my bedroom I am worried the place is gonna blow .. pretend to carry on this type of conversation for a few mins... LOL this is loads fun for FEDs and other such ORG they love it.

2) cover all your windows in tinfoil so know one can see in, that utility truck across the street is probably them.

3) Start doing massive google and Bing searches on things like how to make explosives or better yet, best way to assassinate people, the FEDS also really find this one funny, Have doughnuts and coffee ready.

4) aluminum hats

5) when talking to friends on cell pones and land lines, use lots of code words that mean nothing like " The lollipops are getting hot. please advise"

I think you get the basic jest "F" with them enough and they will either come take you away or leave you alone LOL ... GL

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call whoever you want..................

at least you'll know SOMEONE is listening......??

If you wear an aluminium foil hat, they cant hear what you're thinking - that's a FACT!

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call whoever you want..................

at least you'll know SOMEONE is listening......??

If you wear an aluminium foil hat, they cant hear what you're thinking - that's a FACT!

True story. Walter wears one in Fringe, so that massive dynamics can't read his mind. I wear mine 24/7...sleeping w it is difficult at first....but u get used to it after 6 or 7 days w no sleep :)

...I'm kidding, I don't wear one...

..or do i

-beav3r

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I saw a guy walking down a mountain road with a tree branch and at the ends of all the branches there was foil wrapped in balls. Thats one of those times you wish you had your camera,lol. He was holding it over his head while he walked. I drove by thinking what in the world?

Might be one of our Congerssmen!
Gary

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Perhaps if you made a hat out of aluminum wrap, many of these signals will be deflected...

I have advised him to line his hat with foil before. I don't think he appreciates how effective this can be. I actually meet someone who used the foil hat liner technique and he swears it works. No space aliens or government agencies can read his thoughts. Lining your hat with foil is better then a full on tin foil hat because with the foil hat, everyone that sees you thinks you are nuts. With the liner, only the people you tell about it think you are nuts. Either way though it blocks the signals and keeps your thoughts private.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's a hardwired landline, call your phone companies trouble service. Let them do the work. It's probably "crosstalk". Sometimes dirt & moisture bridges terminals etc or insulation cracks & shorts. Then you hear other conversations faintly. If you think it's a CBer call your FCC field office I think they'll still investigate & DF the source if it's a transmitter. Hope that gives you some help.

Hey Stefen! the tin foil hats only work if they're properly grounded to a 10' ground rod!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I honestly don't see the big deal about listening to phone calls and reading emails. If you're not doing anything shady, why would they need to read your info? The NSA doesn't care if you're calling your brother to ask him over for a BBQ. What, do you want potential terrorists to have free access to communication? Oh yes, in the name of Allah I'm going to plant a pipe bomb on the subway, let me email my cousin Mohammad and get the blueprints from him. No way, you want law enforcement to be deaf and blind to threats? This quote I keep seeing, those who give up liberty for security deserve neither? Hey, they've been tapping phones for decades, it's nothing new, and how has it affected your life? Im glad someone is keeping an ear out for me, I'm glad there are people dedicated to busting criminals, because believe it or not, Americans are under constant threat from terror (yes, terrorists hate Americans), and I'm glad they're trying to stop them. The worst thing I do is make moonshine. Do I talk about it on the phone with my fellow moonshiner (my father)? No, of course not. Is it creepy in a 1984 kinda way? Maybe, but if the NSA can stop terror attacks from happening by bugging some terrorists phone, go for it, bug away.

Any takers? I'll bet I can describe this individual ---

You're under 30 and have no concept of the basis for the country you live in. You are a victim of a corrupt government's brainwashing efforts to "dumb down society". They've succeeded because you no longer care that the law enforcers are now the law breakers. There's a 95% chance that you are a supporter of that guy in the White House. 97% chance that you support abortion. 92% chance that you support legalization of marijuana. 100% chance that you are a liberal.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly don't see the big deal about listening to phone calls and reading emails. If you're not doing anything shady, why would they need to read your info? The NSA doesn't care if you're calling your brother to ask him over for a BBQ. What, do you want potential terrorists to have free access to communication? Oh yes, in the name of Allah I'm going to plant a pipe bomb on the subway, let me email my cousin Mohammad and get the blueprints from him. No way, you want law enforcement to be deaf and blind to threats? This quote I keep seeing, those who give up liberty for security deserve neither? Hey, they've been tapping phones for decades, it's nothing new, and how has it affected your life? Im glad someone is keeping an ear out for me, I'm glad there are people dedicated to busting criminals, because believe it or not, Americans are under constant threat from terror (yes, terrorists hate Americans), and I'm glad they're trying to stop them. The worst thing I do is make moonshine. Do I talk about it on the phone with my fellow moonshiner (my father)? No, of course not. Is it creepy in a 1984 kinda way? Maybe, but if the NSA can stop terror attacks from happening by bugging some terrorists phone, go for it, bug away.

I am not willing to surrender my freedoms, rights and privileges in the name of a so called terrorist prevention program, this is no different than what king George was doing in 1775-1776 which is why our fore fathers rebelled and why we have the Bill of Rights.

If you see no problem with this trampling of our rights, freedoms and privacy you would have no problem living in North Korea, Cuba, or any other totalitarian government and would have been right at home in 1939 Germany and the Gestapo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I would never do this he he.....but you could have a guy with a ham radio that has a illegal amp on it. It would be easy to spot, just look for a tower or antenna. You could ask him nicely to keep it to a minimum, but someone will pay the guy a visit soon enough and your troubles will go away. Wire taps and such work on a very high frequency, you would need some special equipment to get up there. You may want to hide in the bunker you have in the woods till it is safe to come out again lol.

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I would never do this he he.....but you could have a guy with a ham radio that has a illegal amp on it. It would be easy to spot, just look for a tower or antenna. You could ask him nicely to keep it to a minimum, but someone will pay the guy a visit soon enough and your troubles will go away. Wire taps and such work on a very high frequency, you would need some special equipment to get up there. You may want to hide in the bunker you have in the woods till it is safe to come out again lol.

If it is a ham operator, his amp probably WON'T be illegal. On some bands, you can run 1500 watts. If he is operating legally, he isn't under any obligation to fix your interference issues (if that's what the problem is).

There is a lot of high powered CB going on these days. They're running 200 W and sideband. It'll light up your stereo speakers with the system off !!!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember the old '60s counter-culture saying-------"just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching" !!!

Edward1976

Jul 9, 2013
USA for now.
Detector(s) used
DFX300, XLT, Laser
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tory party really has nothing to do with this, although I can see how someone 250 years ago would disagree with them. It's like the military, of which I was a member, would you want to do away with the Intelligence Corps? Would you want to have no intel about potential attacks?

Edward1976

Jul 9, 2013
USA for now.
Detector(s) used
DFX300, XLT, Laser
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
----So, you're essentially saying that you want the government to have no intel on potential terrorists? You want the Pentagon to be deaf and blind to threats? You want terrorists to move about and communicate at will? I work in network security, I can tell you this much: there are very bad, bad people out there planning things RIGHT NOW that would cripple this nation if it were not for the NSA, CIA and FBI. Although I do not work directly with any of the forementioned organisations, I can tell you this, without reliable intel, this nation is doomed. And, like I said before, they're not spying on you, purchasing old shoes on eBay or downloading pics of detecting finds, they're looking for nutters who are, like I said, right now plotting scary stuff for Americans, Brits, Europeans, the whole gambit. They've done it before, they've attacked before, I'd like to think our government can stop them. Answer me this: is it better to have a government deaf and blind to terror threats, cyber attacks, or not?

Edward1976

Jul 9, 2013
USA for now.
Detector(s) used
DFX300, XLT, Laser
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And no Chadeaux, you're wrong on pretty much all accusations. Who I am is a vet, I'm 37 (when you're born in 1976, that makes you 37), and I am a firm believer in military intel. Lack of intel allowed 9/11 to happen. Lack of intel allowed 7/7 to happen. Lack of intel is what allowed my only brother to come home from Afghanistan in a box after a suicide bomber detonated outside a shop he had just exited in Kabul with his best friend. Intel is why I got into network security, I want to protect people. My political views are none of your business really, and weather or not I think smoking dope is a good idea is totally irrelevant to this conversation. If you want to live in a world of terrorists having free reign I'm sure you'd love Somalia. Like I asked before, would you like to live in a nation blind and deaf to terror threats?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread