I'm in a slump. Please talk me through it!
Been CRH 9 months now. In the last 3 weeks, everything has just dried up. My boxes of halves are yielding less than one silver on average. I've had 7 skunks so far this month, more than any full previous month. Will I keep getting the same coins over and over again from now on? 1st 3 weeks of April I was averaging 9 silver per box, my best month ever. Then it just died. I'm relatively new to this hobby and haven't been through this so I want to hear from some long time CRH veterans. Will the silver come around again, or is this the new normal (as someone else called it)?
Tom
Been CRH 9 months now. In the last 3 weeks, everything has just dried up. My boxes of halves are yielding less than one silver on average. I've had 7 skunks so far this month, more than any full previous month. Will I keep getting the same coins over and over again from now on? 1st 3 weeks of April I was averaging 9 silver per box, my best month ever. Then it just died. I'm relatively new to this hobby and haven't been through this so I want to hear from some long time CRH veterans. Will the silver come around again, or is this the new normal (as someone else called it)?
Tom
Upvote
0

) has definitely turned around. I don't know the mechanics of how coins are circulated through the system, am hoping some new (unsearched) ones will come around at some point. I'm in the Southern Calif. desert. Most of my 90% halves have come from loose and customer rolls, but the boxes have yielded by far the majority of the 40% coins. I'm not surprised that the yield has dropped, just how suddenly it happened, like flipping a switch. I figured the long time collectors have probably been through a slump or two over the years and wanted to hear if it was not unusual, even when silver was flowing. I know I'm not the only one getting skunks, that's a consolation. No plans to give up hunting, just want that feeling of pleasure when I find a silver, not one of relief.
One more 40% for the hoard! 








