It really doesn't bother me one bit. The person who posts fakes has to live with themselves.
Sure they might a get a high from all the attention, but it would be short lived and followed by some sort of depression.
It's really strange times these days with the internet. To me it's like a D&D role-playing video game.......
I've spent hours finding rare weapons, armour, and gold coins and when the game is shut off, I have nothing to show for.
If you post that you had a bowl of cornflakes on facebook and three people like your post, do the cornflakes taste better?
I rarely post my finds anymore because I don't need to. Many people have visited me and seen my stuff.
They've held these objects in their hands and marveled over it's history and beauty.
Hunting partners were right there when I found something good and we shared in the experience.
Most importantly, my finds do not become more special because a bunch of people on the internet said "Wow, nice find!"
My finds are meant to bring me happiness. That's why I do what I do.
One day when I write a book or open a small museum, then others can enjoy these finds as well.
Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy reading posts of people's finds and posting my finds too.
I just don't need to show off my stuff to make myself feel better about it.
If someone posts fakes they are only fooling themselves.
Cheers,
Dave.