Incident Report: Dream Box Investigation

smittyw

Jan 6, 2011
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
Crime Scene: A white, one story, concrete block building being used as a bank with the entrance facing north, located on the northeast corner of Main St. and Central Ave., in Berry City USA.

Reconstruction: Known W/M subject entered said location at approximately 10:30am on 10-Oct-12, and approached teller A, and requested his previously ordered box of half dollars. Subject exited the bank after paying for said box and with the box firmly in his arms, fled to a waiting vehicle. Based on below witness interviews, subject hurriedly began ripping open the box and shredding wrapping paper from the rolls of half dollars. Loud whoops of joy could be head coming from inside the vehicle as the unwrapping continued and lasted until the subject drove away from the scene.

Investigation: Consisted of interviewing witnesses, searching the parking area of the crime scene noting that no paper wrappers were discarded in the parking area and then completing a neighborhood check with no further positive results. Writer did note a trail of what appeared to be a yellow liquid leading out of the parking lot as if someone peed his pants, possibly after locating a load of silver that could have been contained in a Dream Box of half dollars.
An alert was issued for the known subject in the effort to insure that he had not succumbed to a heart attack through his apparent excitement.

Interview Teller A: Teller A advised that the known subject, who regularly frequents his bank and bugs the pants off of all the tellers asking for half dollars but often drops off a lot of really nice candy, entered the bank at approximately the above stated time and approached Teller A. Subject purchased a box of half dollars. The subject mentioned that the box was probably just another skunk, but thanks anyway. He then left the bank and went to his car.

Interview Bank Customer Mary Watchitall: Mary stated that she observed an old goofy looking guy exit the bank carrying what appeared to be a heavy brown paper box and hurriedly get into his a vehicle. Since Mary watches it all, she observed the old goofy guy rip up the box and begin shredding paper rolls and after almost every roll shredded he would make wild animal noises, bounce up and down in his seat and whoop with joy. Mary said she could see the gleam of what appeared to be many silver colored coins passing through the subjects hands as he opened the rolls. After a few minutes the old guy drove away leaving a trail of yellow liquid flowing from the drivers door.

Update: A traffic stop was conducted at approximately 1100 am by a motorcycle unit and the old goofy guy was located. It was learned that the yellow liquid that poured from his car was actually from a spilled bottle of Melly Yellow soft drink that had been knocked over as he was excitedly jumping around in his vehicle after finding ****97 90% silver half dollars, the vast majority being Walking Liberty and Ben Franklin halves and a few 1964 Kennedy's, plus 7 40% half dollars, including a 1970D****.
To make things even more exciting for the goofy old guy was the find in the very last roll he checked of a very nice **** 1877 Seated Liberty Half Dollar****.
It was determined that no offense was committed except for a bad case of over excitement. Photos were taken of the found half dollars and will be posted at a slightly later date.

Conclusion
: This case is exceptionally cleared.

HH to all. Pics below

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, definitely sounds like you're at the pinnacle of a silver dry spell.

Congratulations.

OP
OP
smittyw

smittyw

Jan 6, 2011
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
pics

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    440.4 KB · Views: 279
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    373.7 KB · Views: 232

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
::moans in jealous envy and goes to eat some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies:: man this is depressing. I am blowing my income tax next year on getting more than one box of halves a week.

::munchs on cookies::

(LOL, congrats!!)

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smittyw,
Loved the storyline. I enjoyed the suspense! If you haven't already---it looks like you joined several "clubs" in one setting! A very big congratulations to you!!!
apush

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
So, what really happened? Not that I dont believe the storyline.. just more easier to understand :) Nice score!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
So, what really happened? Not that I dont believe the storyline.. just more easier to understand :) Nice score!

97 90% silver half dollars, the vast majority being Walking Liberty and Ben Franklin halves and a few 1964 Kennedy's, plus 7 40% half dollars, including a 1970D****. One of the 90% was a 1877 Seated Liberty.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is sick. Just sick. Congrats... hope I get a box like that someday.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
97 90% silver half dollars, the vast majority being Walking Liberty and Ben Franklin halves and a few 1964 Kennedy's, plus 7 40% half dollars, including a 1970D****. One of the 90% was a 1877 Seated Liberty.

No I mean.. did he really get pulled over or was that added for the suspense of the storyline?

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
!

Congrats on a great box and I liked the way you told it!:icon_thumleft: If you get the chance, could you post dates on the Walkers? Congrats on that seated! Could you post a closer pic of it so we could help you determine a grade? You'll be on cloud nine for awhile with that box. WTG!

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wowza! Call in the mother f-ing dentist, because that sweet find rotted my teeth to the gums!

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... Awesome find man.. I am pretty sure I would have a heart attack if I made a haul like that...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey smitty, amazing box, glad you got it!!! go back and get that bank a big box of candy! ha.
hope your streak continues,
hh
buff

ps. love the story as well, thanks for sharing it with pictures!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread