diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't had anything too good to post in finds lately, just clad,a few tokens(modern) and junk jewelry.So I figured i'd post my best find of the last 4 weeks which was found in my change from the local Hess station.It's a 1907 indian head cent in pretty good shape.I've found a dozen or so wheats,4 or 5 silver rosies and 1 '64 silver quarter,not to mention numerous war nickels and a 1950 B $20.00 bill,over the past year in my pocket change.Anyway this little indian was dying to be found.I noticed an odd looking coin when I received my change and dismissed it as a canadian penny.Later in the day,I stopped by the same Hess station on the way home from work and when I pulled my money out ,it came flying out on the floor.That's when I noticed what it was.Moral of the story,always check your pocket change and the notes to,you never know.Here's a picture,I hope is isn't too large,I tried to make them smaller than my usual full page photo blow-up.LOL------

Attachments

• indian frnt.jpg
    indian frnt.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 407
  • indian bck.jpg
    indian bck.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 412
Upvote 0
Sounds like someone spent someone's coin collection. You would think the person working the register would be cherry pickin those coins. I would. ;D

Bob

WOW!

Great find!!!! :o

Nana

Great find, and how and why did it wind up in a register. I have a big piture that all my coins go into just for that reason. When it gets filled, I then roll them on a rainy day looking for some good finds. Always seem to add to my collection.

Ken

:) :)Thanks for the replies everyone.If I worked a register it wouldn't have gotten past me that's for sure.Not to sound racial or anything but don't forget,i'm in S.Florida the only ones running cash registers at gas/convenience stores down here are Pakistani's and Indian's(the eastern ones) with an occasional Guatamalan or Haitian thrown in for good measure. ;DThey probably don't know much about old American money.One of the benefits of living in a banana republic I guess :D BTW- Ken,I do the same thing, cept when the jug gets filled I seperate them into different coin bags.One of these days i'll get around to rolling and searching them.

LOL....I BOUGHT 5 INDIANS FROM A LADY THAT WORKS AT A LOCAL GROCIERY STORE IN A SMALL HISTORIC TOWN.......SHE GOT THEM RIGHT OUT OF THE TILL. SAID SOME ONE CAME IN AND GAVE HERE 2 ROLES OF PENNYS FOR A BUCK.....WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANEY WHEATIES WERE IN THAT BUNCH.
GOOD JOB
LGP

Good deal!

HH

Lonewolfe

Back in the 80's I used to go to the bank and get $20 worth of pennies at a time. I sit for hours checking each coin.? Over the years I must have checked 100,000's but never found an Indian. However I did find lots of Wheaties and mint errors.

Nice find.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back