What's new

indian sculpture

birdpointgriswold

Hero Member
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
901
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I know a lot of you are from all over the country...well I'm an artist and I'm working on a mosaic style sculpture of an indian head. I'm using just chips and flakes I have picked up over the years. But I would love to add different material that can't be found from where I'm from. Would any of you be willing to send me some material from where you are from? I'm looking small pieces from the size of a dime to a 50 cent piece. I would gladly pay for shipping. Even if its just a few pieces, I would really like some colorful stuff. Let me know if you can! Thanks!

Johnathan Griswold
 
Upvote 0
I can send you some flakes and chips.PM me your address and I'll send you some stuff. Lightman
 
I'm willing to send you chips from southwest Georgia. Pm me.
 
I'd be happy to send you some Northern Illinois flakes. PM me if you'd like some from my area.
 
hey there jonathan... I'm a bit of an artist myself and I think your idea is really cool. I would be honored to be a part of it. pm me.. I've got a lot of real nice florida flint... you like blue?
 
Alwayslearning said:
hey there jonathan... I'm a bit of an artist myself and I think your idea is really cool. I would be honored to be a part of it. pm me.. I've got a lot of real nice florida flint... you like blue?

Yes!

Johnathan Griswold
 
Hey Johnathan, I have a pile of flakes I will send you from the Shenandoah Valley. Pm me your address and I will get them in the mail next week.
 
Thanks to everyone that is sending me goodies in support of my sculpture! Its gonna be a good while before its finished but will post pictures as soon as possible! Thanks again guys!

Johnathan Griswold
 
you got it jonathan. love your enthusiasm. I wish you the best in everything you do.
 
Jonathan, can send some from NW Indiana if you like, send me a pm.
 
Alwayslearning said:
you got it jonathan. love your enthusiasm. I wish you the best in everything you do.

Thanks bill!

Johnathan Griswold
 
hey jonathan... I wanted to send your stuff already but it's going to have to wait till the end of the week. you know bills. I don't know if you keep pottery but I threw in a couple saint johns check stamp pieces. by the looks of the responses you should not only be able to make a head might as well make the whole teepee..ha ha
 
Alwayslearning said:
hey jonathan... I wanted to send your stuff already but it's going to have to wait till the end of the week. you know bills. I don't know if you keep pottery but I threw in a couple saint johns check stamp pieces. by the looks of the responses you should not only be able to make a head might as well make the whole teepee..ha ha

Hahaha thanks! I love pottery! I never find any here maybe 10 pieces in the past 10 years I will love it! Thanks!

Johnathan Griswold
 
Jonathan,

I have a location in Pitt County that has pottery everywhere. I will pm you my phone number if you are interested in going sometime. I have quit picking up small pieces there is so much around. All of this came from two trips walking these fields.

100_1485.webp100_1489.webp2012-06-08_18-20-15_537.webp2012-06-19_20-10-46_950.webp2012-05-25 20.34.01.webp
 
Last edited:
where there's pottery there's points. even if those particular pieces came from a plowed up trash pit it means that either a lot of time was spent at that particular spot or it was returned to over and over again through the years. spend some time figuring out that site. it might turn out to be the best 1 you ever found.
 
I'd give you a whole tote full if i could i have too much laying around getting in my way thought i was going to do something artistic with what i save but didn't get around to anything this tub is 1 of several plus buckets how about some flint ridge pm me address i'll be a part of your endeavor. i just better see an indian sculpture posted soon and hopefully you won't create one modeled after indians from F Troop.

tub.webp west2_f_troop_indians.webp
 
o.m.g.....your too much
 
agate, knife river flint, chalcedony, white petrified wood, trss, dark petrified wood, jasper, quartzite, etc..

send an address on the back channei
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom