What's new

indian sculpture

birdpointgriswold

Hero Member
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
901
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I know a lot of you are from all over the country...well I'm an artist and I'm working on a mosaic style sculpture of an indian head. I'm using just chips and flakes I have picked up over the years. But I would love to add different material that can't be found from where I'm from. Would any of you be willing to send me some material from where you are from? I'm looking small pieces from the size of a dime to a 50 cent piece. I would gladly pay for shipping. Even if its just a few pieces, I would really like some colorful stuff. Let me know if you can! Thanks!

Johnathan Griswold
 
Upvote 0
larson1951 said:
agate, knife river flint, chalcedony, white petrified wood, trss, dark petrified wood, jasper, quartzite, etc..

send an address on the back channei

Huh

Johnathan Griswold
 
hey jonathan... he's asking you to pm him. he just gave you a laundry list of great material he wants to donate to you
 
Alwayslearning said:
hey jonathan... he's asking you to pm him. he just gave you a laundry list of great material he wants to donate to you

Ahhhh hahaha thanks!

Johnathan Griswold
 
I just remembered.....um I have to wash my hair that day
 
i will throw in some mandan pottery with some good designs when i send you the box of material
steve
 
larson1951 said:
i will throw in some mandan pottery with some good designs when i send you the box of material
steve

Man the would be awesome!

Johnathan Griswold
 
Hey guys I have received some goodies in the mail! Thanks to everyone and your support for my sculpture! I'm starting tomorrow on it and will post play by play pictures! If you plan on sending me stuff please put your forum name on the package or inside so I can keep up with the items I plan on keeping tnem documented and sperated on the actual sculpture, and also so I can give thanks to whom thanks is due! Thanks again guys!

Johnathan Griswold
 
i got your box of stuff ready to go in the morning my friend
if you want more........just let me know what you need and i will be glad to try to help a little more
steve
 
Hey guys got some work done on my sculpture today! Almost done with the face mold enjoy!

ForumRunner_20120625_183641.webp



ForumRunner_20120625_183655.webp



ForumRunner_20120625_183706.webp

Johnathan Griswold
 
cool......what did you do just dry out clay and now sculpting it?
 
SOHIO said:
cool......what did you do just dry out clay and now sculpting it?

Its actually hydrolic concrete! Had to work super fast with it at first I could just scrape into shape after about 2 hours It got pretty hard, had to start chiseling away....yes I know "that's what she said" ha

Johnathan Griswold
 
hey i have copyrights to that phrase! so...your probably wanting thin flakes for it huh? what colors do you think youll need most
 
SOHIO said:
hey i have copyrights to that phrase! so...your probably wanting thin flakes for it huh? what colors do you think youll need most

Mm I have a lot of whites and greens and grays...anything bright colored: red, yellows, ......whatever you think is pretty

Johnathan Griswold
 
birdpointgriswold said:
Mm I have a lot of whites and greens and grays...anything bright colored: red, yellows, ......whatever you think is pretty

Johnathan Griswold

I'm not going to be picky tho I will love anything!

Johnathan Griswold
 
man.... for a start that's looking pretty good.
 
Alwayslearning said:
man.... for a start that's looking pretty good.

Thank you sir!

Johnathan Griswold
 
you should have a box soon.....i sent yesterday morning
let me know what you think
steve
 
sorry ive been lazy about this ill get some reds and yellows out to ya sometime this week don't know if i got much yellow though so ill throw in some blues too just in case you want your indian to have a black eye. need black i got plenty of that? My wife took art education at college and is a good sculpter painter but she stays too busy with her work as a seamstress. I'm building a cobb oven outside in my "outdoor cooking arena" (i love cooking with fire) and was wanting to incorporate a bust of some sort on top thought about copying something from ancient ruins, anyway im getting the base finished within next couple days and was hoping to get my wife involved in some decorative aspects of it ill send you a pic when its done. my artistic abilities go about as far as stick people. Although i can draw a nice womens figure out of the word boy.
 
check it out....


boy.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom