Indian Tool/Carving ??Maybe??

Aug 4, 2014
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this rock with an interesting scalloped-carved side. Located near Aiken/Edgefield County in South Carolina in an area that feeds into the Edisto River. The field where I found it is centered between two large creeks. I have found many arrowheads in this area, and possible tools. I am new to this. Some helpful background on the field (farmed in the past, washed out by terrible storms, then dry spell) The dry spell explains the new growth of plants. It could be a random rock. It just seemed out of place. Rock (Scalloped) 1.jpg Rock (Scalloped) 2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 1

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they made them out of quartz,looks like that is what you have.that stuff is tough to work.a tool has a good edge that you can not miss.

OP
OP
S
Aug 4, 2014
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is too funny, we have tons of those around these parts :) Maybe my luck finding artifacts will change next time I go wondering around!

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hard to tell from the pic but it is not a carving,if a indian made a carving you would no it,they may of took some chunks out of it to make points but i really can not tell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions